walleye 6-19 walleye 6-19 walleye 6-19 walleye 6-19

Thread: walleye 6-19

Default walleye 6-19

my friend invited me on a last minute charter out of Port Clinton today, we casted managed 11 walleye. fished west of north bass (32fow) boats scattered all over out there, picked fish high or low what we did catch. The captain said the mayfly hatch has been heavy the last several days, larve all over the place

we were out there in that pack of boats, couldnt believe all the sportcraft charters casting today. there was a good drift but I havent seen that many casters in 3 years. I cast, exclusively, but my uncle wanted to test out his boat for trolling. we got 6 walleye trolling, lost a couple. all of the head boats that were out there in the morning in that pack W of NB, were fishing between Green and Rattle in the afternoon, they must not have done so hot

I heard the charter captains talking on the radio the best was 16 some had 3 or 4 we had 11 so I guess we didn't do so bad, pooh bear was out there trolling as well.

I was on "wildlife management". we were the 42 foot egg harbor w/ flying bridge. outriggers and everything. boat that looks like we should be out in the ocean fishing for tuna

Default n- bass casting

Fished the area west of north bass today casting weapons, 3 on board kept 15, put back 7 that were right at 15in & lost a couple at the boat...Heavy Mayflys and very light winds....should be great out there after the hatch...11.3 out of Wild Wings..... fished 7:30 to 12:30......Ed

Eriepro --- what kind of count were you using? Really struggled the past couple trips figuring out what height they were holding at. We would catch one on a bottom bouncer, then I would catch one on a 6 count. these days 15 casting is a pretty good day, congrats

Default r-guy depth count

I was on the original erie dearie team that developed the weapon, very seldom do i count more than 8 or 10 when casting them. with one half to three quarter egg sinkers they drop like a rock and are usually near bottom half way thru the cast. our fish came all over some were on the first pull after an 8 count others hitting 3 quarters around the swing coming straight up.... ed