Weekend Trip with the Wife Weekend Trip with the Wife Weekend Trip with the Wife Weekend Trip with the Wife

Default Weekend Trip with the Wife

I am finally getting a chance to hit the water again. The Wife wants to go and I would love for her to get a few walleyes. We will fish late Friday evening and on again EARLY Saturday until mid afternoon. Any suggestions where to begin?

We are docking at Mazurik.

I've been reading the posts and the best setups seem to be jet 40s anywhere from 35-90 back dragging meat rigs. No problem there. I also have Reef Runners, Wiggle Warts, Stinger spoons etc

She is not a rough water person so the leeward side of the islands or closer to shore if the south winds hold will be my limitataions.

North side of Kellys? NE Kelly Reefs? Starve Reef?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and maybe I'll be able to get away to make a couple more trips this year to take my kids too.

I will be monitoring 79 "Just One More"

Default Kellys

Hit the water early (for me since it's a 2 1/2 drive) at 8am. The wife and I caught 9 nice Eyes. 6 on the downriggers 25-30' down on Gold Blade meat rig and purple Stinger spoon with meat. 3 others on Jet Divers 90 back pulling stinger spoons and meat. 10 White bass, 1 6# Catfish, 7 Sheephead.
    All of the Eyes were 19-24".

NE of the K.I. Shoal. many boats lots of nets, and the biting flies were almost as bad as the heat. Finally had to put the canopy up to get some shade.

All in all a great day.