Night fishing for walleye? Night fishing for walleye? Night fishing for walleye? Night fishing for walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Night fishing for walleye?

Hey everybody, its been a long time since ive been on this site, but wanna get back in the swing of things in the walleye world. Question??? If anybody out there has knowledge of how to night fish for walleye around the kelleys island area, i could sure use some tips. A long, long time ago i remember going on a night trip with a guy just a few boats down from us. I remember anchoring on kelleys shoal in like 8 fow and i think throwing crankbaits of some sort. Any info would be great. Like what kinda lures, is anchoring on the reef better than trolling? Any help is appreciated thanks everybody and happy fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Got some good info about Kelley's shoal last year. Had only tried trolling it before with minimal results. Only got to try it twice last year, but I will definitely do it again this year, some of the most fun I've ever had walleye fishing.

Anchored in 8 fow, on a drop off from 5 ft to 10 ft. Right after dark, I got the first fish. Wally diver in the 10 ft diver model. Personally picked up 5. Loaned that lure to my boating partner who wasn't having any luck. Within minutes, he was hooked up. I tried several different cranks before finding a rat-l-trap that I picked one up on. Bite seems to quit altogether between 11:00 and 11:30.