Canadian Waters Canadian Waters Canadian Waters Canadian Waters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canadian Waters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadian Waters

I was given a tip about a bite around the Wagon Wheel. I grabbed the old man for father’s day and set a course for Canadian waters. Set our boards out in 22 FOW ½ mile off the SW side of Pelee Island. Picked up 7 walleye in short order including 2 over 28 inches. What was neat that I had never experienced before is that we were running our spoons close to the bottom at this location and we were picking up small mouth (8 total) with one over 6 lbs. The walleye bite died off so we went towards deeper water. We set up about 2 miles S,SE of Hen Island in 35 FOW. It was a fire drill. At one point, we had 6 rods fire nearly all at once. Pulled our 5 man limit by 2pm with really nice fish in the mix. We couldn’t have asked for a better day out on the lake!

Pulled standard 40 jets 50-65 back. Any spoon with purple on it worked with a watermelon UV spoon taking the most. The boat had issue’s holding a set RPM at low speed. I bounced anywhere from 1.8 to 3mph.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Buddy of mine fished the what turned out to be 1 day tourney over the weekend outta PC. Said most all the Pros if not all rushed off to Canada immediately and returned with nice weigh in's (hawgs). Started talkin Canadian fishing last night myself with a few Friends.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business...02_165336.html

Fish on!
    Last edited by Chopper; 06-17-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been pondering fishing across the line. Does anybody know where to get good reports throughout the summer. Seems like it would be a shorter run than to the vermilion bouie. ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Chopper / Jiggy,

I saw those tourney boats… Some of those guys are nutz! A bunch of them were dodging in and out of boat traffic in the morning on the way out. Fun to watch but some were a little too close for comfort.

In regards to Canada, once you pick up your fishing card and your sportsman license (you can get a conservative card if you want to keep a reduced catch) you have to call the Canadian phone in before entering Canadian waters. It’s a pain but they ask you questions like your hull id number, boat color, DOB, how much beer and cigs you got on the boat, etc. The phone number is 1-888-226-7277.

As for Canadian reports, I have no idea where one could find consistent reliable information other than people on here. Since I’m just a weekend warrior, I often get first and second hand information off a few guys out of my marina. We typically run together on the weekend, feeding each other info as the day progresses. Works out well for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pelee

Pelee is hands down my favorite area to walleye fish.

Post Thanks / Like

spoontang where have you been I miss your posts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buc-Eye View Post
    Chopper / Jiggy,

I saw those tourney boats… Some of those guys are nutz! A bunch of them were dodging in and out of boat traffic in the morning on the way out. Fun to watch but some were a little too close for comfort.

In regards to Canada, once you pick up your fishing card and your sportsman license (you can get a conservative card if you want to keep a reduced catch) you have to call the Canadian phone in before entering Canadian waters. It’s a pain but they ask you questions like your hull id number, boat color, DOB, how much beer and cigs you got on the boat, etc. The phone number is 1-888-226-7277.

As for Canadian reports, I have no idea where one could find consistent reliable information other than people on here. Since I’m just a weekend warrior, I often get first and second
    hand information off a few guys out of my marina. We typically run together on the
    weekend, feeding each other info as the day progresses. Works out well for us.

Thanks for the information. I hope to find some steelhead over there this summer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buc-Eye View Post
    Chopper / Jiggy,

As for Canadian reports, I have no idea where one could find consistent reliable information other than people on here. Since I’m just a weekend warrior, I often get first and second hand information off a few guys out of my marina. We typically run together on the weekend, feeding each other info as the day progresses. Works out well for us.
    I have never heard of such a thing......call in before you enter Canadian waters. Just when I am about ready to cross the line I learn something new. Ugh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    spoontang where have you been I miss your posts
    I have been around...just less time playing on the computer. I ran into my steelhead buddy on the water 6/22. Keith, send me a message, I don't have your number buddy.