Offshore Performance in Oak Harbor Offshore Performance in Oak Harbor Offshore Performance in Oak Harbor Offshore Performance in Oak Harbor

Default Offshore Performance in Oak Harbor

Just curious if any members have taken their boat to Offshore Performance right across from Wild Wings. Have been their in the past with out issue but(knock on wood) have not been their in the last few years. Knew 2 people that had boat issues in their area and I recommended they give them a try. Both of them picked their boats up Saturday and put them in and then had to pull them right back out. Of course they both made sure to let me know. Hopefully just unfortunate incidents but was just wondering if anyone else had any issues since I have not had issues there.

Not directly, but the fella I bought my boat from used them. The day I took delivery (about 3 or 4 days after spring launch) there was a charging issue. He told them to ensure everything was in working order because I was picking her up. They claimed they did, I don't know...but the seller was pissed. Told me he felt the were taking advantage of him because he was elderly, ect. I can tell you from the boats records, he spent a LOT of money with them, as in he should be permanently on their Christmas card list kind of money.

We had them work on our boat for years.. Drop it off and pick it up... Never had any issues with them.. I kinda miss them being that I do all the work now!
    LOWE LIFE

Both these guys had pretty big repairs(lower unit on 1 and cracked engine block on other).Sent some serious $ their way. Talked with them a little more yesterday. Guy that had engine replaced was told 2 weeks ago Friday they would finish it up early Saturday so he headed up to get it Saturday and was then called after he was on the road an hour and told it wasn't going to be done cause only 1 guy showed up 2 work. He turned around to go back home and after being back at home for a half hour they called and said it was done. He picked it up this past Saturday and took it out and found it was taking on water from somewhere. He found float switch was disconnected and some shop towels left behind in bilge area. Got bilge cleaned out and pumped out and pulled it to try 2 find where water issue is. Said he was going to call them today. Guess I will wait to pass judgment till I see how they deal with it from here. Thanks for your input guys. Would like to continue to use them for convenience sake. Have used them in the past but it has been awhile and they seem to have more business now. Was wondering if maybe they are spreading themselves 2 thin.