Too many sheep head, white bass and white perch,  what to do? Too many sheep head, white bass and white perch,  what to do? Too many sheep head, white bass and white perch,  what to do? Too many sheep head, white bass and white perch,  what to do?

Unhappy Too many sheep head, white bass and white perch, what to do?

So if we all go out and keep the yellow perch and the walleye, and then throw the sheep head, the white perch and the white bass back, where does that get us? Right where we re right now. Way too many junk fish. The white bass are getting huge. I purpose that we all start pulling the gills out of the junk before we thro them back. Is this a problem for the DNR?

I laughed when i read this. I have found my own method. I "accidentally" bounce them off of the swim deck. The birds live me.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

I make sure the junk does not survive when I return them to the water. Remember the junk fish eat the same food as our precious walleye and perch so lets cut down the competition. Never return any junk that can multiply or survive. The birds normally eat them anyway.

Airshot

You may have a problem with the sheephead and white bass they are native to lake Erie and the ODNR may frown on killing them. white perch not so much. Sheephead are spawning now and very aggressive.

Just asked a G. Warden said you can be sited for littering by returning a fish you delibertly killed. He is here checking fishermen at the cleaning table.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-15-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I have bounced a few hundred myself, but it is only practical for smaller fish and gill plates on white bass and white perch are so sharp I have cut myself with the curve ball spin many times. Squeezing them just behind the gills works as well. The DNR needs to help us before we at bait / food depleted

I carry a 5 gal bucket and put all junk fish in there. The white perch (bass) eat the eggs of the walleye and perch. I fill the bucket then bring it back or feed the birds.

A right hook works good too......just watch for the spines, I know a guy who ended up in the ER with spine that went in to the bone and his name is at the top of this post.....lol