Near limit perch 6/14 Near limit perch 6/14 Near limit perch 6/14 Near limit perch 6/14

Default Near limit perch 6/14

Once again arrived Turtle Creek yesterday morning to be greeted by angry seas! (3-5's and + out of north) Is this becoming a broken record? This time had the time to wait it out. After good breakfast in PC and dropping some bucks at local tackle shop, lake finally started to calm about 11. Headed out in 2-3 footers, by noon nice gentle chop. One anchor NE of A can was good for 80 perch for 3 of us. Slow but steady, took till about 7 PM. Every time we thought of moving, they would turn on a bit. Very light leave it lay on bottom and then slow lift bite. Would likely have filled our 3rd ticket but ran out of minnows. (Of course my good buddy and boat captain is anal about not keeping anything less than a measured 8 inches, so we probably threw back at least 10 that were 7.95!) Our 80 was a nice grade of 8-9.5 inch perch with decent number 10's and 11's mixed in. Throw in a couple fish Ohio sheephead and several huge catfish and it was a great day. Beautiful evening when we came in.

Awesome sounds like fun! Can't wait to get back at it! Driving home from Marathon now! -Dave
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

We have been breaking our minnows in half. Seems to do just as good or better. We only use perch/crappie rigs. Another limit today at Bcan. Nice fish. 7 trips this year perching and 7 limits All in same spot. We will keep slightly smaller fish if the hook is too deep. I am out of Turtle Creek Marina

Glad you got into them Steve! I'm still sorting out boat problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    We have been breaking our minnows in half. Seems to do just as good or better. We only use perch/crappie rigs. Another limit today at Bcan. Nice fish. 7 trips this year perching and 7 limits All in same spot. We will keep slightly smaller fish if the hook is too deep. I am out of Turtle Creek Marina
    Yea, I'll keep gut hooked too. I was cutting the minnows in half for awhile. Did okay but seemed to be bit better on the whole ones, so went back to that when bite slowed. Some of our minnows smallish...wasn't much there when you cut in two. One downer of evening fishing, too late for the cleaners. Mea culpa....After fileting my 26 this morning, I agree with my buddy....when you are cleaning your own and don't have a scaler...well anything under 8 or 8.5 becomes a chore to filet and skin by hand, and I consider myself pretty good with the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by legalskater View Post
    Glad you got into them Steve! I'm still sorting out boat problems.
    Hey Terry, if you want to get out with me, give me a ring. I'd like to get out Mon or Tues next week depending on weather. Wed possible, have to work Thursday