stained water stained water stained water stained water

Thread: stained water

Default stained water

Planning on giving it a go tomorrow by rattlesnake. Does anyone know what the water clarity is like there and are worm harnesses whats working on the troll?

im heading out of Anchor Point marina any one have location of fish near there first time out this season !!??

I was out by green island this morning and never got a bite in 4 hrs... water was very dirty.

Default Modis Great Lakes Images

The clarity of the lake is about as good as it has been all spring. You can confirm this by 'googling' the title of my reponse. It will be the top hit.

I have been using crawler harnesses for weeks with great success. This weekend should be a trolling festival on the lake. You will not be able to drift fish on Saturday in my opinion... the forecast for wind indicates it will be flat.

yeah your right on that Redeye i have some trolling gear but dont know how to use it yet might be a lost run for me but im gonna get after them anyway and idea's for me >?

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe10 View Post
    yeah your right on that Redeye i have some trolling gear but dont know how to use it yet might be a lost run for me but im gonna get after them anyway and idea's for me >?
    Being consistant is the key.
    I would start with a simple program.

2 Oz Inline trolling sinkers 6 ft leader, with large Indiana or hatchet blade crawler harnesses. No. 5 - 6 blades. smaller will work, but I find a larger blade works best for me most days. Colorado blades thump more in the water. If it is dirty, try those, otherwise stick to the others. Color depends so have a few choices of reflective and solid colors each.

Depending on the depth of the water you are in and the depth of the fish, anywhere from 20-45 feet back from the planer board to start. 35 is a good middle ground if you are not marking fish. You will need a line counter or line counter reels to be accurate.
    You will want to try to keep your bait just above where you are marking fish... This is crucial as Walleye feed on bait above them.
    Boat speed should be about 1.6 - 2.0 Mph depending on what the fish want.
    If you dont have a trolling motor to adjust speed down this low, you can use two wind socks tied on either side of the boat to control speed.

Wakina or Skipper9 are also a good source of information... Skipper9 publishes his phone number and will answer you on most days if you need help. They both know way more than me.

We are all listening on channel 79 when we are out there... Give me a shout... If I hear you I will respond.

Good luck!

right on Red thanks a lot i will give that a go but one last thing is i only have them Big Jon boards, i do have a few dipsy divers and jet divers though again never have used any of that yet i have the trolling bibles as well ill look up the divers see if info is in there for them