Blades ? Blades ? Blades ? Blades ?

Thread: Blades ?

Default Blades ?

After the Jig Season we cast weight forwards and worm harness.I am wanting to learn how to use the bottom bouncer effectively on the drift.What type and size of spinner blade spins the easiest at a drift speed.Thanks for any info.We are getting to come up for a few days this week Hooray we need the break.

Bottom Bouncers are what the name implies. They come in a variety of weights to be used in accordance to wave heights and drift speed. Slower drift lighter weight bottom bouncer. Faster & rougher drift heavier. They vary in weights of 1/2 oz, 1 oz, 1.5 oz. 2, 3, & 4 oz. I prefer 36" worm harnesses. As far as blade size & type that's a personal preference. More often than not its a color more than blade style. One very important tactic to bottom bouncers is only let out enough line to get it to bottom and have the rocking of the boat lift and drop bouncer against bottom. The are not bottom draggers. Lol. Good luck and good fishing

I've wondered this myself. Been thinking of trying more casting and learning how to use bottom bouncers.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Typically 1oz for every 10ft of water. But if the wave action is really lifting and dropping use a heavier bouncer. I have bouncers up to 8oz as I can stagger bouncers with the rods closer together by staggering the weights, the lighter, the further from the boat the bouncer will be. I troll with them like that also, the most forward rod is the heaviest bouncer the each rod after that is another 2oz lighter than the one in front of it. I typically use my regular 4 to 5 ft harnesses. A lot of times the bouncers perform better 3 to 5 cranks up after finding bottom with the longer harness for me.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

ebijack is it you that i seen some pretty awesome spoon harnesses and or you tie your own and all, i want to change up all that i have been doing to make my time out on the lake more productive, im a caster that has the trolling set up now to try out for the first time ever

Yep that's me, I'd suggest you make a few spoon harnesses and see if they work for you before going hog wild like me. I had well over 1,000 spinner blades, I've donated more than half as I don't need them that much anymore, but I still put harnesses out, but the difference in catch rates has been nuts. My wife won't even try using a harness any more and she wouldn't even try a spoon harness in the begining. So now I have to put harnesses out on my side and will leave one harnesses out there but end up going back to the spoon harnesses on the other rods on my side ( michigan we get 3 rods each).
    If your starting to learn trolling I'd suggest you try to get out with someone who has experience as they will take years off your learning curve.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.