First time trollers First time trollers First time trollers First time trollers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for typing that all out slim! We will be using a big motor, and using drift socks as needed! Also have a trolling motor on the bow..

Post Thanks / Like

hello all new trollers, i am also new to it and have no clue but did figure or should i say try it out this past sat, by the skin of my teeth did i pull it off kind of half ass but never the less i did it, with no electronics "left at home" start of bad day, only had dipsy's and jets no real lures only thoughts and ideas learned from this site, with some harness spoons that i learn or copied from someone here (Ebijack) thank him so much. i managed to hook one really nice eye "lost at the net" then one 16" in the box. lost one dipsy and MI stinger spoon dont know how, but the day was all a learning cure that ill never forget oh and only had my main motor to push me also left kicker at home, dropped to drift socks over board to get to speed of 1.9 which i was only able to know by my hand held gps unit that i tend to always carry with me. So wow what a day first hours casting then did the big jump to troll and it worked first time every. thanks everyone here for all the info.

i need much more info though anyone willing to share and show please call me !!! 419-386-6387 name is james

dock owner at Anchor Point marina C-19

Post Thanks / Like

James, thanks for all the help and the chat on the phone...maybe we will be able to help each other out in a few weeks out in the lake....cant wait to hook an eye!!

Post Thanks / Like

no prob Ben glad you called and for sure let me know what works for you and ill stay in touch as well and keep you in the loop

Post Thanks / Like

does running the dipsy alone work as good as running board, i have the #0 and then i have the deeper downs 45m also have jet divers #30 what type of set up should i be using with them three ??

is the release on the dipsy adjustable seems that it would be or is there a screw just underneath it ??

Post Thanks / Like

Smile trolling

James this is reel sport team, were at mienkes west there most weekends just look how we have our boat set up or other charters in our row, if you invest in big boards, Capt. Jims (skipper nine
    boards are the best on the lake, if you are still in trouble do a walk on with Capt mike or capt. brain in western i
    end or capt. jim off channel grove all your question will be ansewer in one trip.
    Capt. Mike Reel Sport 419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

James- My wife and I was out with Captain Mike and Wayne last weekend and these two have there stuff together. Very courteous and just a great group of guys. They know how to fish! We caught nice fish and lots of them in a short amount of time. If you are just starting out and want to learn the ropes and setups I recommend you do a walk on with Mike. He is not afraid to show you how to setup and you will be doing your own setups before you leave the boat. I can't thank them enough for taking us out and showing us a great time. Thanks again Mike and Wayne!!

Post Thanks / Like

wayne and eye-tamer thanks a lot for the input ill consider them options, whats a walk-on cost me ive never done a charter ever in my life of fishing ive either had a boat or shore fished on my own ??

Post Thanks / Like

eye tamer i cannot agree more. I met wayne and mike three years ago on a perch charter with them. We have been friends ever since and help each other whenever possible. To all in the western basin these guys are good and they will get you on the fish. I highly reccomend them when it comes to perch season. No one will work harder for a good grade of fish, and they are willing to try anything, even willing to try and remove misplaced treble hooks(inside joke)

troy
    summer huntin
    ch 68

Post Thanks / Like

fringe i am at b82 at meinke west. by no means an expert but feel free to check out my set up. I am basically set up the same as reel sport.