good day "old school" good day "old school" good day "old school" good day "old school"
    Blog Entries

Default good day "old school"

Went out to north Nigara casting weapons in 28 FOW got 1 messed around moving for about 3 hrs with nothing to show but junk fish. And then my buddy said let try shallow, went to the east side of crib started by the maker in 13 fow drifting in to 19 fow got 5, did a 2nd drift and got 6, did a 3rd drift and got 1. We pick thru some farm animals and other white fish. But here this the kicker and I've haven't used them in years was wieght forward spinners caught the 1st 4. to my 0 on my weapon, stuburn but not stupid i switch and all 3 started catching fish. 3 guys 13 nice fish.Some timee old school works

Default Way to change things up!

Good for you man!

Funny me and my buddy had a conversation while we were on the lake about the old Erie Dearies and we both wondered how well they would do these days......question answered.

How stained was the water? Wt. forwards work best in stained to dirty water.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Blog Entries

Water was clean

Default erie derie

i didnt relize that WF were phased out i always use them because thats what my grandpa and dad always fished over the reefs, and with good success. Goes to say if its not broke dont fix it lol

Good Job!!!! Glad that you found them! It is nice to here that there is some old school walleyes still out there that still like the wt. forwards. Those wt, forwards were developed and became popular while Lake Erie was trying to recover from being nothing but an over sized cesspool!

I can no longer cast for them as I have a bad shoulder that wears out very quickly, sure wish I could though!!! Thanks for the water clarity report, I had gotten a report that the water was like pea soup in that area! But I have been suspicious of this persons reports for quite some time now, he camps at the campground we camp at and likes to give questionable info, he also claims that he is not a member of this site but who knows.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

I have been waiting for my account to be approved to post to this. Wife and I had just gotten our new boat and wanted to take it out on the lake. So I was on here looking at the reports trying to find something of my style. Saw the old school report and decided that's where we were headed. Headed out at noon in the rain on Memorial Day and fished crib. Hooked one there but that was it. Decided to head over to Niagra and drifted the southwest edge. I ended up with five and the wife landed two. Dragging gold harnesses on the bottom. Pretty sure we would have filled the tickets but wind picked up and we decided not to chance it. Thanks for the report. Made the madden voyage on the new boat a success. Can't wait to get back out.