haven't been on lake for 8 years, Help ! haven't been on lake for 8 years, Help ! haven't been on lake for 8 years, Help ! haven't been on lake for 8 years, Help !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default haven't been on lake for 8 years, Help !

Moved back to the area from atlantic coast, have been out twice between Niagara and West Sister, marking fish but the old weight forward, Erie Dearies etc. haven't worked. Trolled with Zwing Downrigger and worm harness at 14' gold blades red beads, gold blade, chartreuse beads. No fish yet. any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking to do more trolling or casting. And what marina are you leaving from so we can figure out what you want to do and where you should try and start.

Post Thanks / Like

If you really would like to learn something, I would sign up for a walk on trip with Skipper9 or one of the other great captians on this site.

It is invaluable the things you will learn from them in one morning.

With that said, the fish are in transition right at the moment. Post spawn walleye can be difficult to target with any particular method. You must try everything until you get a program set up they will take.
    We have started to troll spoons, crankbaits, or crawler harnesses on the days with no wind and drift bottom bouncers on normal days. Some are casting weapons (mayfly rigs), but I have not heard of great success yet with casting yet.

If you read through some of the reports here, you will see where, what and how updated on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Was out last Friday. Picked up 7 on Purple Jigs over 26 fow. Obviously fish were on bottom but if we put on White w/ Green Tail it was sheepsheadville. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I go out of Anchor Pointe...As I usually fish alone, I prefer casting/drifting as trying to set the down riggers and trolling by my-sellf is a little tricky not to mention a pain in the A. I fish out of a 28' Pursuit Center C

Bob