question for charters question for charters question for charters question for charters
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default question for charters

Just wondering why some of the Captains on here do not advertise on this site but still come here to drum up business? What would you think of another Captain that would be on your site that you pay for ??

To me its just pretty darn low down that you do that to other Captains that pays for his advertisements. I for one would not pay a Captain that has that kind of morals running his business that way.

Values are in very short supply these days and I feel as if people are putting money before everything else on here ..
    Good Fishing

The information that these so called none paying captains give on this web site is PRICELESS. You only see the times that they have an opening and are looking to fill it. By what I've read when you go with one of these captains not only do you fish but they show you how. When I first started reading this site I was amazed at the amount of information these captains give. Most captains guard their fishing spots like its life or death. The captains here will give you all the information they have. I thank everyone one here for all the information shared.

The cost to advertise is very affordable on this site. I have been a paying charter for about 8 years now. Walleye.com has been very good to my business. I have tried to give back to all the fisherman on this site. I can not imagine how many people I have helped off of this site. I post alot of walkon on this site. I have found it easier to contact my walkon Customers thru Here than to Call each Of them. I am sorry if it offends anyone.. I always title it as a walkon so those not interested doesn't have to read it. Thank you

Default ?

I dont usaully respond to negativity on site but lately i think people are expecting more from these captians then they should. its only out of there willingness to help and kindness that they post. They dont have to tell anything and they would still be fine.
    I would be years behind trying to figure out stuff if it wasnt for these captians especially skipper nine. I started out trying to troll 3 years ago and jim took me under his wing and i started to fill in first mate for him now I am a captian with my own boat and starting a charter buisness. It all started from this site.
    So if a captian picks up some buisness for going the extra mile and helping out than i say they deserve it.
    I guess haters are going to hate

Quote Originally Posted by shouldabeen View Post
    The information that these so called none paying captains give on this web site is PRICELESS. You only see the times that they have an opening and are looking to fill it. By what I've read when you go with one of these captains not only do you fish but they show you how. When I first started reading this site I was amazed at the amount of information these captains give. Most captains guard their fishing spots like its life or death. The captains here will give you all the information they have. I thank everyone one here for all the information shared.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

I have to agree also. I am new to this site but have been reading posts for years as a visitor. I ask a question about spoons and skipper9 replied almost instantly. Not to many captains are going to do that. I am going to start my trolling program next weekend with spoons and will take all the help I can get. If I cant get the hang of trolling spoons affectively, I will have to hire skipper9 to help me. Keep up the good work and just love this site.

Default Thanks to skipper 9

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    The cost to advertise is very affordable on this site. I have been a paying charter for about 8 years now. Walleye.com has been very good to my business. I have tried to give back to all the fisherman on this site. I can not imagine how many people I have helped off of this site. I post alot of walkon on this site. I have found it easier to contact my walkon Customers thru Here than to Call each Of them. I am sorry if it offends anyone.. I always title it as a walkon so those not interested doesn't have to read it. Thank you
    about two years ago I got skipper 9s number off this site and txt him with a stupid question about trolling two minutes later he txt back to call him was on the phone with him 4 45minutes learned more in that time than u can imagine. he never fails to respond and has helped me out repeatedly anyways im one of the reasons he hasn't enough time to call all his walk on customers he is always on the phone helping out people like me thanks again skipper

Default Sorry, but I have to chime in!

Badkarma said it very well. I don't think there is anyone on this site who has helped more people than Skipper9. I have never fished on his boat, because I have my own, but I can tell you that anyone who ask's me about a charter I refer them to Skipper9. His generosity is second to none. Who else sends out perch rigs free to people just so they can learn how to make them? That is only one of many things he does for us. I also know he has helped out some other guys who were just starting to charter, how many charters can say that? It's normally dog eat dog and keep all the info to yourself.

I think Skipper has a great business plan. Help people, make friends, gain respect, show people what you can do and they will come. I'll bet you don't have much trouble filling spots.

Sometimes I sense a little jealousy because of the way the man catches fish! So if you think it means more to us that you pay for your ad but you fail to share fishing reports or help out......I think you're wrong.

Default ??????

Pretty much sums it up about all the Captains I know period . All of them teach and talk as well as being friendly .
    As far as jealous, dont think so . Im retired and fish as much if not more then most captains do . I didnt name names on here at all . just the fact of having people pay for advertisment to get their business and other basiclly free loading on here without paying . Would love to see what would happen if you paid for advertising and someone jump on your site and took business away from you by just posting on your site . Im sure many would have a fit about it .

I remember the days of going out and finding your own fish and catching them . Thats why it called fishing not catching . So many people count on the reports because of being lazy and not truely knowing how to fish . The only way they catch fish is by running to other peoples spots . That is not truely being a fisherman if you cant find and catch your own fish .
    Disagree all you want but wrong is wrong no matter what !!!
    Good Fishing

If you don't need reports because you are not lazy and can find fish on your own then why did you join this forum? You sure are not here to share your information are you? Why do you continue to use this forum? Those three things alone seem to contradict your statements along with one of your other 6 replies!

For someone who does not use reports you seem to be sure Happy Hooker gives accurate reports.

How would you know if the Happy Hooker gives accurate reports or not if you don't use them? I direct all of the members that read my post to reply #2 in the thread in the provided link.

My post is based upon my observation of you activity on this site! Just Sayin!!!!

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...?t=6124&page=2
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip