Good reports today Good reports today Good reports today Good reports today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good reports today

In general lots of good reports today... looks like we are setting up for a great weekend of fishing.. lots of trolling and casters putting fish in the box today.. I got good reports from the maumee bay to kellys.. east of kellys did not do as well as west of the islands.. most casters were in the reef complex. Most of the trollers were around rattlesnake island and around a can and b can.. I wish everyone luck In the morning or over the weekend... hopefully amazing lake erie smiles on you. .. lets get them caught...

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could report good news but unfortunately we caught nothing but white bass last night. Headed out of Lost Peninsula around 5:30pm, headed South just outside of Besse and started our night. We were casting with crawlers, marking a lot of fish but only catching the bass. The lake was a sheet of glass but we could not find walleye or perch to save our lives. By about 6:30 we moved just South West of the Intake and tried our luck again. NO LUCK

Finally about 7:15 we decided to head back closer to the marina and fished the reef North East of Turtle Island before the lighthouse. Again no luck, as we caught nothing but white perch over there.

I am really baffled, I need some waypoints or some help getting on the right areas for walleye. We are not set up to troll, so we will be casting and drifting. Anyone willing to help me locate the walleye on the Western Basin? What lures should we be using, etc...

Oh also, first time Ive ever tried the green worms! They are really cool looking and the bass loved them.

Thanks guys,
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Default Troll when its flat

We went out yesterday morning at 6:00 AM from PPBC.
    Trolling was the name of the game on such a flat and beautiful day.

We set up to troll in clean water 4 miles North of Anchor Point and Boom! It was on right from the get go. The SONAR never stopped marking fish and bait.

We ran crawler harnesses with large no. 6 reflective Indiana blades from Bass Pro in green and orange with 8mm purple beeds behind two ounce inline weights at 20-30 feet back in about 23 feet of water.
    About 1.6 MPH. The fish were coming up pretty high off the bottom to hit the balls of bait.
    The fish were taking the church planer boards under water when they hit them!

The boys had a great time and we caught 11 Walleye and quit by noon.

PICS attached!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I was casting worm harness's all morning yesterday... started 15ft straight out from cooling tower. After the bite was clear on one min off the next.. Moved out to B can and finished off the day.

Today 5/17/2013 - Working this am but water looks very choppy. Strong steady winds from the east. Several boats went out, most im hearing are lingering between green an Rattlesnake to avoid winds. Hopefully this afternoon winds will die down some.

Post Thanks / Like

Rooster
    Those boys look like they had a great time. Getting kids involved at that age will keep the sport alive for a long time. Plus some great memories for you and the boys.
    Great job Great report.

Post Thanks / Like

same story on this end by anchor point caught nothing but junk--what are the green worms???