Tough Fishing Tough Fishing Tough Fishing Tough Fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tough Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough Fishing

The site has been quite regarding fishing reports probably because the fishing has been tough. I myself have only been out twice this year and have caught a few fish but nothing like I was hoping for.

Saturday spent 4 hours working the area south of the island to west of the island casting and dragging bottom bounces. Ended the day with 2 keeper walleye and 2 large perch. Caught a lot of white perch and sheephead. Marked fish better south of the island than west. I did not see one other net get used. People I talked to seemed very frustrated. Most charters I talked to had between 2 - 6 fish for the day. Some had zero. Customers also were frustrated. After last year, many are coming back expecting the same results and are amazed at the difference a year can make.

I guess that is why it is called fishing and not catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad, many are in same boat. Not proud of it, but I've been out three times and yet to catch one fish. Now I don't profess to be a skipper nine, but a bad fisherman I ain't! Looks now like I will go most of may without one. Wife has a house rented at hilton head starting fri for all the kids and grandkids. (She seemed to think we should do something besides fish to celebrate 40th wedding anniversary. Imagine that!). I lobbied for during the mayfly hatch but was out voted. When I do get back after memorial day and finally catch one, it will be one expensive walleye considering all spent to date this spring on boat, maintenance, dock, insurance.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tough bite

I talked alot of guys over the weekend. Many with lite coolers. I fished Thurs and Fri and showed improvement of the bite on Saturday afternoon. Had some drifts of 4 to 5 a drift. Buddy had 19 in first 3 drifts on the spot I fished Thurs and Fri morning and nothing would bite then. Saturday about noon it was busy and was still good when I left at about 3.Had to bring to 4 oz bouncers up 3 to 4 cranks with a soft tip action. They wanted purples and golds, even a watermelon blade. Most fish were on long harness behind the weight. They didnt want a cast and retrieve for us. Buddy looked like he was doing some jigging also. Mixed bag of White Perch, Walleye and some yellows and only a handful of sheeps. Yep it was tough for most but some trollers did better.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]