5/10 trolling rattlesnake 5/10 trolling rattlesnake 5/10 trolling rattlesnake 5/10 trolling rattlesnake
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/10 trolling rattlesnake

2 of us managed 11 today on the se corner of rattlesnake by the white bouy. 40 trutrips back 35-50. 2.0-2.2 mph. Only caught then trolling east. Color didn't matter. Best fishing this year for us so far. Called it quits due to weather moving in.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, I assume you were using Scorpion Stinger spoons today. How long are your leads? Do you have a color preference on your 40 TruTrips? Do you ever use Contender spoons? I'd like to see the solid finish that is on the Contender spoons put on the Stinger spoons. Lately, I have been spraying 4-5 coats of clear lacquer on them to hold the finish. It works quite well and saves me replacing the ones that are getting chewed a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Leads were 35-50 ft. Today pulled monkey puke, hot today, pooh bear chartreuse, and jeager bomb. All scorpion size. Some I painted some Michigan stinger, some ole Pete's

Post Thanks / Like

Let me rephrase the question. What line are you using of the TruTrips and how long is that lead?

Post Thanks / Like

Behind diver is 6ft leader of 20lb trilene. Nothing fancy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm running things the same way. Looks like Tuesday will be my next day on the lake. Give me a call if you are in the neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spoonfeeder question...

40 trutrips back 35-50.
    Spoonfeeder... would you mind telling me what you mean in the above quote? trying to learn...

Went out on Saturday west and north of Kellys... used bottom bouncer and weapons in 25-35 ft and caught white perch and sheephead...

Waiting out Sunday's wind and waves... will be out again on Monday and Tuesday hopefully with the right baits in my 19 footer

thx
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
    Spoonfeeder... would you mind telling me what you mean in the above quote? trying to learn...

Went out on Saturday west and north of Kellys... used bottom bouncer and weapons in 25-35 ft and caught white perch and sheephead...

Waiting out Sunday's wind and waves... will be out again on Monday and Tuesday hopefully with the right baits in my 19 footer

thx
    Roger
    I'll try to help.....when he says trutrips, those are jet divers that have a trip release. That is what most of us use these days. The 35 to 50 is the amount of line that is let out from the planer board to the jet diver.

I should add that the 40 trutrip is the depth model of jet diver, they come in 20, 30 and 40 and relate to the depth they are disigned to dive with a set amount of line let out. You can change the depth by changing the amount of line you let out. See a dive chart for accuracy.
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 05-12-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: additional info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I'll try to help.....when he says trutrips, those are jet divers that have a trip release. That is what most of us use these days. The 35 to 50 is the amount of line that is let out from the planer board to the jet diver.

I should add that the 40 trutrip is the depth model of jet diver, they come in 20, 30 and 40 and relate to the depth they are disigned to dive with a set amount of line let out. You can change the depth by changing the amount of line you let out. See a dive chart for accuracy.
    What he said. But trutrips are made in 30,40,&50 models.

Post Thanks / Like

thx for the quick reply eyecrazy and spoonfeeder...

Stopped at the tackle store in Port Clinton near the Jet boat... the guy at the register was helpful. Bought some Stinger spoons in some colors I saw mentioned here and heavier bottom bouncers... 3 and 4 oz. I saw the Jet Divers, so I know now what you are talking about. I left my planer board mast and boards at home, as I did not think I needed them at this time of year. I will pick up a couple of Jet Divers Monday morning. I will let you know how I did Monday night... hopefully the wind will let up for my small boat.

thx again
    Roger