guests guests guests guests
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guests

Default guests

all you guests that have not set up a log in. what are you waiting for.. we want to hear your reports and questions. this is what this site is for. so what are you waiting for... I logged in today and seen 12 members and 74 guests... there no sense in that.

I would like to thank everyone for the information and HELP! This forum is a wealth of information. I was a diehard drift fisherman since I was 7 years old. I fished with my grandfather, father, and brother when the equipment and techniques were very different...we drift fished out of a 1954 16' wood Thompson, with a 75hp Johnson that was the size of a small car. Father and grandfather have both passed long ago and I am now close to 50 years old and after NUMEROUS fishing boats, i finally have the one i have always wanted. I started trolling last year with the help and advice of many on this site...thank you!
    Long post I know, but Skipper is right...this site is a great help to many fisherman. Without everyone's help there would be a lot less fish and memories to be shared. That being said, I was west of Rattlesnake on Sat. afternoon...
    Finally caught a few pigs...4' waves, trying to troll myself, lines tangled (together and in prop), falling down numerous times, trying to run boat with trolling bags still out and thinking something has to be wrong with motor...PRICELESS!!! Good news is my walleye cost is down to about $400./pound. Not including boat payment of course. Have a great day everyone!!!

LMAO! Funny how things ring true in so many ears. I remember my first trip On Erie drifting with some friends over 20 years ago. With limited knowledge, an abundance of energy and blind exuberance we followed charter boats into water that a 18' rinker had no business being. Happy with a couple fish each trip we were self proclaimed walleye experts.... How times have changed.

Because of sites like this and people like Skipper, I am in a better position to share the walleye experience with my 3 sons.... And thankfully my cost per pound is under $400 although not by much.

LOL...don't add up the cost

just logged on and read Skipper 9 report it is now up 74 guest and 16 members . Guys a site is only as good as you make it by particapateing in forums and shareing tips and advice .I wish their would have been a site like this when I started fishing (60 + years ago ) . When there was no limit on perch and BLUE PIKE were abundant ( I caught my last on in 1954 ) things sure would have been different .

This site is a fountain of informat from Pro fishermen,Captains and experienced fishermen . So take advantage of it ,register ,log on ,share memories ,post pictures and enjoy it.

I am new to this site but will be shareing reports of the days trips .
    Last edited by POPEYE; 05-07-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Newbie

I'm kinda embarrassed to give my reports.

I fished out of Wild Wings last Friday where my boat is docked for 6 hours jigging and never caught a walleye.

We then went out Sunday morning and left the dock at 4:30 am and traveled to the 31 line, 31 59 to be exact and jigged again. 6 hours later no walleye. Just me and my wife fishing and she now looks at me with that look that says, "you suck as a captain".

Going to try to cast harnesses this weekend and try to catch them. Being new on Erie is quite humbling. I have not asked for help on here cause I didn't want to be a freeloader. I can promise you though, nobody tries harder than I do.

Default Wild wings

If you are fishing from or near WW give me a call I am out most weekends and plenty of weekdays I will help you out if I can. 614-354-0652

Fished thursday from noon till 5 and only 1 fish caught by son, bro got 2 in there boat. All difting purple jigs and dragging (drifting) purple crawler harness in 10 to 12 ft in Besse area.

Friday same story, same amount of fish, younger guys went back out a few hours before dark and got 2 eyes.

Sat another slow east wind day, wind picked up and the other guys went in way early after they got blown of Turtle Island (Bay) area, we stayed out in front of Besse (Turtle Creek) area and when them waves were close to 4ftrs them fished turned on for about 2 hrs, we ended up with six total-smallest 19 1/2 to 26 inch, wind layed down to 1 to 2 ftrs and bite died off, stayed till wind came from e-ne and 5ftrs and growing it seemed like so we headed in to fenwich with smiles on our faces.lol

Went out sunday morning till 10am and stayed local to Besse for some younger kid had the shuttle pick them up sat night for a few of the younger guys birthday party and decided to chum for me a little so I didn't join the pack out farther east lol. So no fish sunday but 4 good days with 4 boats of us and a great yearly time. Friends caught 4 in the pack sunday am. Everything caught on purple crawler except for a few on purple haired jigs.

Till next trip
    Fish-ON Guys.

Tom
    Last edited by Wallin; 05-07-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: addind info

Blog Entries

Default guilty

OK Guilty as charged. I always don't log in when I want to see what's going on. But when I come over fishing I always log on and give a report. I'll be down in the morning. Launching out of bolles harbor. Will fish the Light House first with weapons and then see if we can figure out what they want. Will report Thur. Morn. Tom