Line Counter Reels Line Counter Reels Line Counter Reels Line Counter Reels
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    I just bought 2 new convectors cv20's at fin feather and fur they were on sale for $69, reguarly $79 I guess I paid to much Jim.
    yes dave... you didnt ask did you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Thanks Wakina for the additional links. I guess I should be posting in a different forum, I just wanted to reach some experienced fishermen. Thanks everyone for your input. I'm still waiting to hear from my favorite Skipper to see what he runs.
    I did not mean to insinuate that you should be posting in a different forum, and I only provided the links to information that pertained to your question because they contained info and answers concerning your question.

I would not be concerned about where you post a question as this site for the most part is a fishing community unto its own. Besides there have only been a few times that anyone has crabbed about where you post and what the content is. With those few times being by members that post very little if at all and just like to crab when things are not as they would like them to be.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I did not mean to insinuate that you should be posting in a different forum, and I only provided the links to information that pertained to your question because they contained info and answers concerning your question.

I would not be concerned about where you post a question as this site for the most part is a fishing community unto its own. Besides there have only been a few times that anyone has crabbed about where you post and what the content is. With those few times being by members that post very little if at all and just like to crab when things are not as they would like them to be.
    I didn't take it that way at all Wakina, I just realized after reading the link that I probably should have posted in another forum.

I agree with you completely that people on this site are fishermen and don't seem to complain much about the small stuff....it's about helping other fishermen. I belong to a couple of other outdoor communities but this is my favorite and most used site. There are some great people here!

Skipper, I'll take you up on the offer and give you a call. That is a great deal for those reels!

Post Thanks / Like

Default reels

Diawa Accudepth 27LC, they are 60-70 bucks each. I spool with 30 Power Pro which is 8 lb dia.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purchase made!

After hearing from all of you I finally made my purchase! I bought 6 Okuma Convector 30 line counters and had them spooled with a mono backing and 30 lb Power Pro green.....I hope that was the right color choice

My main goal was to get a decent reel and keep everything consistant, no more guessing if they were all at the same depth because of reel and line differences. I will check each reel for 100 ft and see that they all read the same. I think the consistancy should help improve our catch rates.....I hope.

Thank you to all who posted....I think I used a little bit of what everyone had to offer.I am just a weekend fisherman and drive 2 1/2 hours up each trip so trust me, your information is very much appreciated! Absolutely top notch bunch of guys here!

Post Thanks / Like

Default lesson learned

Well guys after getting my new reels I thought I'd measure them out and check the accuracy at 100 ft like the skipper told me. The new reels measured dead on! So I thought it would be a good time to check the old reels to see how they were reading. Accudepth 17's were reading 100 @ 100 feet, the accudepth 27's were reading 117 @ 100 ft and the shakespeare arsenols were reading 128.5 at 100 ft. The bottom line is, I was never fishing consistantly at the depth's I thought I was. I think the difference in the amount of line on the spool was the biggest problem, I just never realized it could be so drastic.

Thanks again everyone! The education I'm getting will definitely make me a better fisherman. Now I hope the weather doesn't shut down the great bite that's been going on so I can try them out this weekend!

See you on the water.

Jim eyezcrazy