We'd am in Maumee bay We'd am in Maumee bay We'd am in Maumee bay We'd am in Maumee bay
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile We'd am in Maumee bay

Had a good day today west of lite house on north side of channel. Was in the pack w all the boats. Got there early before all the boats slide in . Got 9 walleye and 7 perch. Missed over 15 short hits caught lots of junk fish also. 11 ft of water all on blade baits. Capt. Jays!! White and lime. 3 fish barely made 15". Everyone else seem to be struggling. Must have been throwing jigs...??? 3 fish came later around 11 am. 2 man trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only jigged for walleyes out of oak harbor/Port Clinton area. where would one launch if we wanted to try fishing farther west? I would assume as season goes the fish migrate west.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

luna pier is closed. launched at Bolles harbor ran to west of light house 11 ft of water at 9am. (2 guys) First drift 1 fish 17". Struggled rest of day. saw boats pack up north west of light house. We were 300 yds to south same drift as Searay. John deere green jig chartruse body and minnow was getting short strikes. Afternoon caught 1 fish 28" on yellow jig green and cream body and minnow. lost 2 small keepers at net. 9 hrs only two fish. water muddy. Thanks to all who report.

Post Thanks / Like

Or Cullen park. It's on summit street in point place. 3 minutes from I-75. Right near mouth of maumee river.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ThursdayAM

Had a great day Thursday!!! Same area as wed. !! The bite was on from 9 till 11 fast and furious!! All on blade baits. 3 man limit done by 11:15. All males were full of milk!! Jig bite is not over yet!!

Post Thanks / Like

We went out early sat morning to the lite house hoping to have the same success. We only picked one. We didn't see a single net swing, unfortunatley the bite shut off there. So we moved mid morning east, stopping at crane creek and ended up infront of turtle creek. We picked one more and a few junk fish and that was our saturday. Tough day of fishing and the east wind didn't help things.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday May 3

bite was on again on Friday Am but east wind shut it down in afternoon. West of lite house area 10-13 ft of water. East wind always shuts them down!!! A buddy of mine fished same area I had on wed and Thursday six man tickett but took untill 1:30 to fill it.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got my boat launched around noon on Saturday, headed out North East of Turtle Island, about half way to the litehouse for some walleye fishing. Unfortunately with the East wind and mid-day conditions we didnt get a single bite. Caught a couple white perch we threw back but nothing noteworthy. Didnt even see a single net hit the water, lots of boats there too.

Guess Im going to wait until the wind changes direction and head back out later this week after work for some 6-9pm fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTony View Post
    I finally got my boat launched around noon on Saturday, headed out North East of Turtle Island, about half way to the litehouse for some walleye fishing. Unfortunately with the East wind and mid-day conditions we didnt get a single bite. Caught a couple white perch we threw back but nothing noteworthy. Didnt even see a single net hit the water, lots of boats there too.

Guess Im going to wait until the wind changes direction and head back out later this week after work for some 6-9pm fishing.
    I think a west wind will make a huge difference. How many days since we've had one. It's been a long time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    I think a west wind will make a huge difference. How many days since we've had one. It's been a long time!
    Its been a long time and doesnt appear to be changing anytime soon. East and NorthEast forecast all week.