4/28 slow day trolling 4/28 slow day trolling 4/28 slow day trolling 4/28 slow day trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/28 slow day trolling

Went 3 miles west of Catawba and trolled with a pac of boats from 8:30 to 12:30 pulling barenaked, green flash and pearl ghost RR's with not a single bite. We saw a few netted but nothing exciting. Decided to move out between Green and Rattlesnake, water clarity was much better and marks looked promising. Decided to put out a purple harness this time along with the RR's and bang, took a 10 pounder within 10 minutes! Was just getting ready to switch to harnesses and bang another 10 pounder on the barenaked RR. Went another half hour and took another 9 pounder on barenaked RR. After another half hour and no bites we started to change to all barenaked RR's and bang another 10 pounder on Greenflash RR. At this point we figured it didn't matter what color we fished we just needed to be at the right speed and depth. One of my trolling bags ripped out and I could not keep my boat down to the needed 1.5 mph, we were staying around 1.75....just a little too fast. We caught our fish going into the wind or on the inside board when we made turns, telling me we needed to be slower. Anyway, after catching the 4th fish they shut down. After catching 4 hogs in the first hour and a half, we couldn't keep them going so we headed in at 5:00. The fish we did catch were swallowing the 800 RR's and hooked solid, no short bites for these fish, they were hungry! A slow day trolling but the fish we did catch were nice!

Title says 4/28 but the report is for 4/27
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 04-28-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We trolled RR 800 and Husky Jerks yesterday in 16 FOW straight out in front of Besse. Picked up 4 by 11am, went in to get checked out of Turtle Creek, then went back out, never saw another net in the water from 1-6pm. Winds started out from the south then switched from the east the reset of the day

3 days of lousy fishing, Thursday-Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Eye crazy were the boat we were talking to sat afternoon. you were actually talking to my friend larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/27

Started out by D can around noon and worked our way out towards Niagra. Picked up one then moved south of D. Picked a couple more north of the pack. Water needs another day or so to clean up and I think it'll be on. Used 800 rr's / ddhj 's back 45 to 60

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    Eye crazy were the boat we were talking to sat afternoon. you were actually talking to my friend larry
    Yea, he said he was Penaltybox. I appreciate the check in Saturday. How did you guys end up for the day?
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 04-29-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H Dawg View Post
    Started out by D can around noon and worked our way out towards Niagra. Picked up one then moved south of D. Picked a couple more north of the pack. Water needs another day or so to clean up and I think it'll be on. Used 800 rr's / ddhj 's back 45 to 60
    I agree, a little more clarity and a few degree's warmer......I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

eyecrazy we stayed put and finished up with our limit and fun fished for a while nice talking to you