tough day tough day tough day tough day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tough day

Post Thanks / Like

Default tough day

Well another goose egg today. Jigged out of turtle creek. Locust reef. Cone reef and trolled around niaggra reef. Saw one net the whole day. This just hasnt been my spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

HAppy Hooker is reporting quick limits this morning right out in front in 7-9ft of water . Always usually very reliable reports from them .

Post Thanks / Like

Default So many boats, so few nets

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
    HAppy Hooker is reporting quick limits this morning right out in front in 7-9ft of water . Always usually very reliable reports from them .
    Happy Hooker must have smoked some happy weed before he posted that one! We headed out of Turtle at 8:30 am and did not see any boats coming in with limits. (Guess they were already in....) We cruised out the channel and it looked like invasion of Normandy on the horizon. Game on I thought! Wrong!

Several hundred boats out there. We fished from 8:30 to 2:30, in pack, edge of pack, out of pack. We were most always in sight of a bunch of boats, including more than a dozen charters full of 5-6 guys, and I never once saw a net go in the water! Not one single net! Everyone, including the charters, was constantly moving, all over looking for fish.

As for us - 3 of us jigged from 7 feet out to 14 feet....from out front Turtle to way down past Besse tower....tried all colors and depths. In pack and off on our lonesome. We caught 3 nice walleye (26+) and caught all 3 within 5 minutes soon after lunch, first two on a double! Radio sounded same and people I talked with at dock had similar experience.

It might have helped if the shiners I bought at Hookers had had some size....

Maybe the trollers did better. You didn't miss a jig bite today.... Still, nice day to be on the water after weather we have had.

Post Thanks / Like

we had the same results didn't see many nets, I stopped at fishermans warf and bought a few items and they said their head boat limited early today just out front.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing by 6:30. Any where from 8 to 14 feet of water. From Crane Creek to in front of tower. 3 fish on in 6 hours. Caught 2 lost one at boat. Don't know where Happy Hooker got their info. Cleaned fish at Turtle Creek and we were the only ones cleaning and there were no fish in the gut pile other than what we put in there. What we did catch were on purple jigs. Perfect perch minnows !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Well another goose egg today. Jigged out of turtle creek. Locust reef. Cone reef and trolled around niaggra reef. Saw one net the whole day. This just hasnt been my spring
    If this helps anyWeekendwarrior, you are not alone.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished from about 10:30 to 3:00 in the same areas. Only marked three in about 11ft, and only saw two in the nets. Myself, I lost one barely on the trailer hook at the boat.
    I'm starting to have my doubts on these reports as well. Dave reports bite on, while both turtles are not hearing anything..#4itty spring so far...Hope this rut ends soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Stories

Isn't it funny how good the fishing is when you are trying to sell bait or fill open spots on a charter boat???
    Last edited by ErieEric; 04-27-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The closest thing I had to a "bite" all day was when I was netting buddies walleye (1 of only 3 all day) and another walleye came in chasing it and almost dived into the landing net! Just missed him! Maybe I was using wrong bait...should have been fishing with large walleyes.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there thursday morning, think you guys can have that mud cleaned out by then-lol
    I heard they dredged turtle Creek and its good to go?