Cabelas walleye runner Cabelas walleye runner Cabelas walleye runner Cabelas walleye runner
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas walleye runner

I know they don't have the color selection of the Reef Runner brand but has anyone had success with these? Can they even compete?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GQ6 View Post
    I know they don't have the color selection of the Reef Runner brand but has anyone had success with these? Can they even compete?
    don't know about those, no experience with them
    however, reef runners are a super lure but the rapala deep tail dancer is no slouch....they work good also....jmo....good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will def give those a try...making the long trip from Delaware so I wanna have a bunch of different lures to try when I come over..last time I came kinda stumbled upon the bare naked reef runner and had luck...prefer to troll so def trying to learn the deep diver options

Post Thanks / Like

I don't wanna tell people what lure to run by any means, but don't run a foreign made knock-off of an American made product. I had the pleasure of meeting with Scott, owner and creator of Reef Runner, in Marblehead last week. He is a great down to earth guy who strives to make the best lures out there. It's an American success story that is still 100% American made. I won't get into all the Bulls**t with Cabelas, but do yourself and an Ohio based company a favor and spend the extra 50 cents on a Lake Erie legend, the Reef Runner.
    Last edited by Island Runner; 04-19-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Post Thanks / Like

Default reefrunner

I bought a coulpe before i knew better they dont run the same and you cant find a dive curve for them. They def. run different than a RR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Island Runner View Post
    I don't wanna tell people what lure to run by any means, but don't run a foreign made knock-off of an American made product. I had the pleasure of meeting with Scott, owner and creator of Reef Runner, in Marblehead last week. He is an great down to earth guy who strives to make the best lures out there. It's an American success story that is still 100% American made. I won't get into all the Bulls**t with Cabelas, but do yourself and an Ohio based company a favor and spend the extra 50 cents on a Lake Erie legend, the Reef Runner.

Will do... Would rather support an American made and local to Lake Erie business... Thanks for the info... Was just tryin to get ideas before I make the 8-9 hour drive to erie

Post Thanks / Like

If you've never ran Reef Runners before, make sure you take a minute or two and "tune" them in. "Re-tune" as needed after a fish or snag. I prefer tuning them at a speed slightly faster than I plan to troll.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s