Electronics Suggestions Please Electronics Suggestions Please Electronics Suggestions Please Electronics Suggestions Please

Default Electronics Suggestions Please

Hi all,

I am fairly new to being active on the forum here although I have trolled it for the past 2 years but didnt participate in the conversations. This year I intend to change that and be involved with all you great anglers. With that said, I am seeking advice please.

I own a 1999 Cruisers Yachts 3075, and we go fishing 2-4 times per week on it. The boat currently has a RayMarine SL72 Radar/Chartplotter & GPS unit, a Hummingbird depth sounder but no fish finder. I know the RayMarine is out dated but I am not sure I want to invest big bucks in a new radar combo.

What would you do if you were me? Keep what I have and just add a new sonar unit and transducer for fishing or find all new gear. Id like to put something nice on the boat but not sure a solo sonar unit is the right thing to do.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and tight lines to all.

-Tony
    "Logged Out" slip 511 at Lost Peninsula

Default Electronics

With the pricing today and built in modules. I would go for a new unit. Garmin and Lowrance make good units for $500 or so. If you keep the old units make sure you do not mount them next to each other. Ie interference. Also put transducer on opposite side of sonar transducer. Good luck and good fishing

Default Electronics

I was in the same boat as you tony. Lowrance has a elite 7 dsi unit with all the bells and whistles. Lowrance unit with great features that won't break the bank. GPS with newest mapping, down imaging, and sonar. Packed into a very viewable 7" screen. For around 600 bucks. If you get a chance go to BPS or cabelas and check it out. They have a rebate promotion going on now to.Good luck

I plan on hitting cabelas today. Does that lawarnce unit have chart plotting to? I really like the radar and would like a unit that has this option to add on as well. I can't wait to go shopping for some new boat toys

Default Electronics

Radar not sure? chart plotting Yes it does there are 3 different models just make sure it's a elite 7 dsi gold edition. It has great mapping. U can record and plot it takes micro SD cards.
    Last edited by Jay rock; 04-11-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Hmmm, I cant find the Elite 7 dsi gold edition, only a 5. Shoot me a link, I dont see it at Cabelas. Are you referring to the Lowrance® Elite-7 HDI Sonar/GPS Combo?
    Last edited by BeyondTony; 04-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Lowrance hds units!...awesome

Default electronics

elite 7 hdi yes thats is the one i was speaking of as far as the gold edition or gold combo it is the gps mapping it includes waypoints, depths, bouys and so much more. i recommend the gold because that mapping you wont have to buy extra sd card detailed mapping unless you want 3d depth contouring in one foot incraments. go to www.lowrance.com they have way better info on it plus a couple of videos on it as well.
    Last edited by Jay rock; 04-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.

go talk to ed at bass pro in rossford. He will take good care of you.