15lb 9 oz EYE caught Jigg fishing 49-2013 15lb 9 oz EYE caught Jigg fishing 49-2013 15lb 9 oz EYE caught Jigg fishing 49-2013 15lb 9 oz EYE caught Jigg fishing 49-2013

Default 15lb 9 oz EYE caught Jigg fishing 49-2013

We hit the water about 7 am or so out of Turtle Creek headed North East to 12.5 feet of water and found good marks outside the pack. Made a long drift into 8 ft of water when we got to 9-10 foot of water the fishing was really good. We caught 8 or so on our first pass. I had 4 casts back to back with a fish on every cast dropping one of them. Our second pass was 4 fish with 3 keepers. In the last pass I nailed 2 nice keepers back to back right away followed by a short. The wind picked up and changed and we went with nothing for about half hour or so. We talked about quiting as the wind picked up and bite shut off. Then all the sudden my Dad said he hooked something big like a logg or a big fish. Then it started fighting he said "as hard as it is pulling it's gotta be a darn sheephead". I got the net and moved the drift sock to get ready. After about 5-7 minutes of fighting and 2 deep runs 1 being at a deep angle under the boat with the medium light rod tip in the water and the 2000series spinning reel dragg peeling off 8lb power pro we seen the size of this slob. While untangling the net from a rod holder I streched out with the 8 ft net in hand with half of one foot still on the floor of the boat and netted this monster of a walleye. She hit the floor of the boat with the mian hook of the Purple 5/8 oz jig in the corner of her mouth. We immediately weighed it and it said 15lbs 9oz. We wieghed it again at 15lbs 8oz. After leaving the lake we Weighed it on a certified scale in Wadsworth so by this time it weighed 15lbs 6oz. This was after losing some eggs and being dead of course. When landing this thing my Dad immediately said "oh it's a big female lets let it go". I replied with "it's your fish do what you want to do with it but that is a fish of a lifetime that fish should be mounted". "you could walleye fish another 40 years and never catch another". He calmy replied "yea your right I should mount it". So to the taxi it went. All in all great day when the wind shifted and picked up the fishing slowed dramatically.

Blog Entries

Default Nice!!!!

Super Nice fish !!!!!!!!!!! yea I think I would have done the same thing also

Thumbs up

Wow what a Pig! Congrats

WOW!!! Super nice fish!!! And yea...I wouldn't have let that one go either!
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

NICE FISH! I wouldn't have let her go either!

Congrats. Had to be a fun fight

Default Nice

Thats a tank for sure, congrats to your dad. Saw you fishin by us last weekend on Sat I believe. Does your boat say , lucky catch on it ? Did real good in that area last week. Nice boat too, Mike

Wow congrats on a true wall hanger. Awesom fish and story.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin2 View Post
    Thats a tank for sure, congrats to your dad. Saw you fishin by us last weekend on Sat I believe. Does your boat say , lucky catch on it ? Did real good in that area last week. Nice boat too, Mike
    Was probably us. My Starcraft says "Lucky Touch" in big silver letters up near the front. There is also an alumacraft that says "lucky touch I" in red lettering towards the back. That is my old boat.

Awesome Fish. Congrats