T.C. dredge T.C. dredge T.C. dredge T.C. dredge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: T.C. dredge

Post Thanks / Like

Default T.C. dredge

Dept of the Army corps of Engineers.
    I got the letter about the dredge project of Turtle Creek. They will be removing 2000 cubic yards of material from the enterence channel of T.C. extending lakeward approx 800 feet from the West Locust Point Road Bridge to the depth of 563.2 International Great Lakes Datum (IGLD) to allow sufficient water depth for navigation...Dredge material will be placed on a scrow to be transported ans sidecasted into the nearshore area of Lake Erie west of the existing marina in approx 6 FOW... In a nut shell Its gonna be 50 ft wide with sloped edge depth is around 6-7 ft I believe. From the bridge towards the lake (north) 800 ft which will make it past the rock pier by 150-200ft... Dredging's will be dumped East of TC between their and Crane Creek...
    Be Safe and good luck!
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOWE LIFE View Post
    Dept of the Army corps of Engineers.
    I got the letter about the dredge project of Turtle Creek. They will be removing 2000 cubic yards of material from the enterence channel of T.C. extending lakeward approx 800 feet from the West Locust Point Road Bridge to the depth of 563.2 International Great Lakes Datum (IGLD) to allow sufficient water depth for navigation...Dredge material will be placed on a scrow to be transported ans sidecasted into the nearshore area of Lake Erie west of the existing marina in approx 6 FOW... In a nut shell Its gonna be 50 ft wide with sloped edge depth is around 6-7 ft I believe. From the bridge towards the lake (north) 800 ft which will make it past the rock pier by 150-200ft... Dredging's will be dumped East of TC between their and Crane Creek...
    Be Safe and good luck!
    LOWE LIFE
    Best news I have heard! Should be a nice channel. Now, if they didn't have to wait until mid May to get it done.... Wonder about getting in and out around them while they are dredging?.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default T.C.

Thanks for the info Lowe. Did your letter state a starting date? I would like to watch the procedure and possibly get my boat in at Magee's first of next week for sure all depending if my dock is in.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Coming up this weekend to fish the reefs. Gonna launch from Fenwick. I guess I will be OK. Figure if the LEWT can run out of there then so can I.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Date?

Not sure on the date, I dont have the letter in front of me at thisd second but I will look to see.. When they start I'm gonna head to the cottage for the day and check it out.If anyone wants to stop by send me a PM. I wish they would dredge by my breakwall I hate pullin my boat up cause of the rocks and depth! Good Luck and be Safe
    LOWE LIFE