Search called off for 2 kayakers in Sandusky Bay - remember to have and wear your pfd Search called off for 2 kayakers in Sandusky Bay - remember to have and wear your pfd Search called off for 2 kayakers in Sandusky Bay - remember to have and wear your pfd Search called off for 2 kayakers in Sandusky Bay - remember to have and wear your pfd
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Search called off for 2 kayakers in Sandusky Bay - remember to have and wear your pfd

SANDUSKY, Ohio – Authorities along Lake Erie in Ohio say they have suspended the search for a father and his 12-year-old daughter who were last seen in their kayaks on Sandusky Bay.
    The Erie County Sheriff's office said two empty kayaks were found floating Sunday morning in the bay, but there was no sign of the 30-year-old man and his daughter.
    The pair did not have life jackets when they set out on the water early Saturday evening. The sheriff's office said the two who were missing are Jonathan Francis, of Sandusky, and his daughter Viola Francis. Francis' girlfriend tells the Toldeo Blade that the weather was mild when they left to kayak.
    The U.S. Coast Guard and local authorities searched the water with boats and a helicopter while family and friends looked along the shoreline. The search was called off Sunday night.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/08...child-in-ohio/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very sad to hear our thoughts and prayer go out to the family and friends. I was wondering why the coast guard was flying around the bay and hoping it wasn't for something like this.

Kevin,

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I saw two kayakers off the Sandusky Bay bridge Saturday evening. I also saw the CG chopper searching Sunday morning. Small world...my thoughts and prayers go out to the family also.

Greg