shortest trip ever shortest trip ever shortest trip ever shortest trip ever

Default shortest trip ever

Dropped boat in started up fine. Left run while parking trailer ,put it in gear and died. Pulled cover and no spark at any plug wire. Spark box is fried. Anyone need extra person to split gas this weekend? Would reaaly appreciate a ride.

Default short trip

Just as a reminder it could be a fuse. my mercury has fuses in the outboard for the coil. dont know if you have in or outboard. just a suggestion.

I feel your pain...

Yesterday I put the ears on the old Evinrude figuring that it would fire up right off the bat. Dropped the key in, turned the garden hose on and I'll be damned if the starter didn't just spin without engaging. I put the charger on the battery for a couple of hours (didn't really need charged as I had just done it a week ago and still showed good). Still just spun in place.

I wanted to buy a second battery for the boat anyways, so I went out to Wally World and picked up a new battery (3/13 on the sticker ). New battery is slightly smaller than the "old" battery (750 marine cranking amps vs 845), but should have been fine. New battery in and feeling $89 lighter, I hit the ignition and starter still just spun. Checked all ground and cleaned up contacts. Still spun...

This was the point that I felt that my wallet was about to go onto a severe starvation diet. I pulled the starter off, pulled the Bendix unit off the shaft and cleaned/lubed. Still spun and didn't engage the flywheel.

Called a marine mechanic that I have gotten to know a bit and got "yup, it's the starter". Just to rule the starter completely at fault, I jumpercabled my truck battery right to the ground and hot posts of the starter. You guessed it... STILL SPUN IN PLACE.

Called around for a new starter today and the cheapest I found was $235. OUCH! M%^#@$F#@&*(^$!

Being one that does not like to be piloted from the posterior, I called another Marine Mechanic that I know and he had a few used starters that "might work". $80 and I walked out with one. Got home and I'll be damned, it didn't fit.

Starter returned, I started searching on the net for a better price on a new or refurbished one. I found one! $66.99 for a new aftermarket starter. I don't know how or why the company is selling these starters at this price, but I almost bought three! I settled for one and it should be here in 3-8 business days.

This the site and starter that I ordered.

Good luck with your boat issues!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Smile eyesperch

Call Capt, mike shake down trip sat. trolling sunday jigging,
    call for details, 419 265 2736

Hey man hit me up if ya wanna go might go tomorrow afternoon.
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

Break downs are a part of owning a boat. I get very upset when it happens but I just tell myself " its just my turn".

Don't I know it. Time to start looking at better motor. It is a 88 125hp force not the most dependable

Default With ya all

Started 200 Johnson. Fired right up but ran rough. Missing a bit. Lots of smoke. Ran down picked up new plugs. Started right up. Ran rough and choked out. Tried the cheapest route. Put 250
    Hours on old plugs anyway. Ran back to Brenner Marine and ordered new power pack. $190. Oh well. It's early. Be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Good news is RAIN
    Next week

Blog Entries

Default starter on evinrude

Hey bcan man ck the pm I sent you also I have a couple of wholesale suppliers on boat and engine parts that you all can use just pm me with what you need, keep it simple keep it cheap keep fishing and keep boating !
    mblmike