Reef Runner colors Reef Runner colors Reef Runner colors Reef Runner colors

Default Reef Runner colors

I'm looking at buying some new reef runner's. Can you guys who troll them alot give me some of the best producing colors to help get me on the right track. I've used them very little as I normally troll spoons or harnesses. Also, do you all use the 800 series?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Colors are dependant on water clarity, dirty water (6-12" of visability) mudd minnow and Texas Red; 12 - 18" of vis. bright flourecent colors, 18" - 30" vis white based colors like Huckleberry, purple white tiger, Barbie, and the Naked or glass colors; cleaner than that and the metalic or prism lures will work.

Default colors

Yes to 800 and everyone has there fav. colors but my top producers for last 2 years were green flash, blue moon and bare naked all with the see thru reflective material inside. my 2nd fav. would be wonder bread in all the different types and for some reason early in season when the water is cold fire tiger in 800 and dhj 12 seem to do very good for me. I here alot of people catch on purple but i never have any luck with them. good luck picking theres only 100's of colors esp. with the custom colors. I only have 50 RR and 6 each of above colors. i can troll 12 poles and them always are the best colors that keep comming in with fish. like to stick with what works or maybe i dont give the other colors i have a fair shake. I think being at the proper depth and speed is more important than color most times. anyways 50 rr are enough. I also purchased 12 dhj 12 last year and they did well also bur RR def. out fished them. good luck hope to see you out there.

Yes on the 800 series. That's all I run. I like the see through pinks/reds colors and the green/chartreuse. I also have bold colors such as black and blue and purple. They are great lures and read up on tuning them. If you take the ten seconds to check each one and tune it you will have great success

All I would add would be crome and blue in clean water. Everyone else covered it quite well.

Default Reef runners

Clown RR without a doubt is my top producer.

If your on a budget.. green flash and bare naked will do it most on the time.. I aslo like blue moon(fall), clown, old red eye (spring), purple demon and pearl ghost

Top 5 for us last year

Pearl Ghost
    Psycho Suzy
    Toxic Purple
    Red Head Naked Wonderbread
    Blue/Chrome

Thanks everyone! That's exactly what I needed, like was stated there are 100's of color combinations and I could spend a fortune trying to figure them out. I knew I could count on you guys to help me out. Thanks again!

Looks like the weather is finally going to warm up a little. I'm getting excited!

Blog Entries

Default Black Prism Reef Runner

Hello out there. Looking to for 800 series black prism reef runners. Been all over the place online trying to find them. Xtackle has them back ordered since may of last year. Anyone have any ideas? The walleyes love them up here in eastern lake Ontario.