Fueling locations near Locust Point. Fueling locations near Locust Point. Fueling locations near Locust Point. Fueling locations near Locust Point.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fueling locations near Locust Point.

Not sure where else to post this so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

I also posted this on Ohio Game Fish:

Looks like I am moving from Bass Haven to one of the marina's around Locust Point. With Lamberjack's not being open it looks like there is a going to be a shortage of fuel stations in the area. Between Wild Wings, Turtle Creek, Inland Marina, that is a hell of a lot of boats that will be needing fuel. You guys that dock in the area has it been a problem having to wait to get fuel? Coming from East Harbor there were many places to get fuel and I can't remember really ever waiting to fill up. Also non-ethanol fuel was easy to find.

The only fueling stations I know of are Turtle Point and Wild Wings in the area....right? Are there any other fueling locations that I'm not aware of? With only 2 pumps @ Turtle Point and 2 pumps @ Wild Wings it looks like there is a massive shortage of fueling locations. I was told Turtle Point has ethanol free fuel but I don't know that for sure. I know Wild Wings has 10% ethanol in their tanks and my boat has never had ethanol in it so I'm pretty concerned about that.

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my boat at Fenwick and fuel up on the way in after each trip at Turtle Point. Have never had more than one boat ahead of me getting fuel. Key is to get filled up coming in, not going out in the morning. They advertise no ethanol in their fuel. Not sure about Wild Wings. A call to them would give you the answer.
    Also believe they have ethanol free fuel at Anchor Point. If you belong to Boats US I think they have listings on their website.

Good fishing,
    Gill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Pt.

I do the same as Gill does on fueling on the return trip. The inital trip of the season usually start on a fillup if possible on the way out and a bottle of stabil marine (blue).

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel

yes Anchor point does have 89 octane no ethenal as well as meinkes.
    on another note, Jignitis Iam thinking you might try starting out in 4-5 fow and work your way out, we did that yrs ago and did well
    early in the season. just a thought. good luck to all.

tinkertoy

Post Thanks / Like

Default fuel docks

Yes, the only two fuel docks in that area is Turtle Point Marina and Wild Wings, I have never had to wait long at all. Wild Wings fuel on both sides of the fuel area and can hold 4 or 5 large boats at one time. Turtle can hold 3 boats easy also. Lamberjacks has been closed and a new owner would not be able to use the old tanks so not much hope there for awhile.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

No gas docks at all on the toussaint river.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default TinkerToy

Quote Originally Posted by tinkertoy View Post
    yes Anchor point does have 89 octane no ethenal as well as meinkes.
    on another note, Jignitis Iam thinking you might try starting out in 4-5 fow and work your way out, we did that yrs ago and did well
    early in the season. just a thought. good luck to all.

tinkertoy
    Your right. I was on a buddies new boat. Didn't say a word. We went out of Mienkes and he turned to the bay. Oh well. I was thinking west end crane creek where little channel drains Metzgers. Caught a lot of early eyes there in past. Just like you referred. I think if I leaned on the cats a little harder I could hit beach. Lol. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

With all of the boats in the area and really only 2 fueling locations you would think the pumps would be busy constantly. Anyone know what time either of the pump locations are open till in the evening?

Thanks for the info!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default gas

Wild Wings has a credit card machine for after hours when nobody is there. Havent fueled up after hours there in awhile so it may have changed.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]