On our way On our way On our way On our way
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: On our way

Post Thanks / Like

Default On our way

Looking good for next week going out at turtle creek sunday any reports would be helpful its long drive from north carolina see you on the water!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default All tools available

A very good start would be to view the modis great lakes true color imagery on the NOAA website. Google is helpful in finding it.
    It will show you where the mud lines are in the lake. Targeting these transition points from muddy to clear hold significant amounts of fish. This, in combination with a change of depth in or near shore is very effective. Sometimes you must use it just to be able to actually fing water clean enough to catch fish.
    Walleye lay their eggs in these shallow areas to allow for oxygenation by waves breaking. Very shallow this time of year for large numbers of jacks. 5-15 feet with humps or fist sized rocks on the bottom. Walleye are very structure oriented this time of year. The reefs at camp perry will be a prime area. North of Turtle island in Maumee bay will produce nice jacks. Deeper in the lake many will target large females by trolling crank baits or flatfish. go slow. 1.2 - 1.5 to start.
    Check the weather forecast of course.
    Pick up some hair jigs.

Have fun.
    Sorry if that was too much. I am excited.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Rooster is exited

Cant say as I blame ya Rooster! I have been chomping at the bitt pretty hard lately, cant wait either. Hope everyone has a good and SAFE year.
    Tinkertoy.