Help taking a 10 & 5 yrs old fishing Erie. Help taking a 10 & 5 yrs old fishing Erie. Help taking a 10 & 5 yrs old fishing Erie. Help taking a 10 & 5 yrs old fishing Erie.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help taking a 10 & 5 yrs old fishing Erie.

My family & I are coming to Sandusky 4-1 thr.4-3. I grew up in Norwalk, fished Erie many times . Including My 16' alum w/a 25 hp Johnson when i was 16. I would launch out of Huron. Memories... Now I live south of Columbus w/ my family. I Love this site! It helps with the Erie itch. In the past several yrs I have fished off of the head boats. Their price & all . But don't think there a great choice this time of year for 10 & 5 yr old. This is their first time ever seeing Lake Erie. I used to fish from shore, downtown in Sandusky where the Good time ll & the ferry docked. Is that still a good choice? Any ideas would be great! I just want to get there lines wet & have fun.Ty & tight lines all.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you, and wanted to try to do some productive fishing with the kids, I would suggest, picking up some walleyes off the old train bridge in Sandusky bay, or camp perry pier. Just my suggestions I have heard no reports from either locations. Also crappies being caught in whites landing.
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

you could try the huron pier with the kids, ive' seen fish caught there
    open water the first part of april would probably not be a good place for a 5 year old, on lake erie...jmo...good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default ty Dream c.

Is that the road / bridge on your right when you go from Sandusky to Port C. over the long bridge ? campground there at the mouth?? if so how would u fish it? B&P hair jigs .... any info ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default huron pier

WHERE IS THAT, Is that the rock jetty heading out by Nickleplate beach?

waterdog Guest

Default Camp Perry Pier

Quote Originally Posted by lumberdog View Post
    My family & I are coming to Sandusky 4-1 thr.4-3. I grew up in Norwalk, fished Erie many times . Including My 16' alum w/a 25 hp Johnson when i was 16. I would launch out of Huron. Memories... Now I live south of Columbus w/ my family. I Love this site! It helps with the Erie itch. In the past several yrs I have fished off of the head boats. Their price & all . But don't think there a great choice this time of year for 10 & 5 yr old. This is their first time ever seeing Lake Erie. I used to fish from shore, downtown in Sandusky where the Good time ll & the ferry docked. Is that still a good choice? Any ideas would be great! I just want to get there lines wet & have fun.Ty & tight lines all.
    Camp Perry Pier is a good place to go too!@

Post Thanks / Like

lumberdog, that is correct it would be on your right crossing over bay bridge heading west on 2. I would fish it like fishing the river to be honest with you floating head attached to a leader and a weight down the line, could also take some hair jigs with you as well. Good luck let me know any more questions you have.
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]