Tipping? Tipping? Tipping? Tipping?

Thread: Tipping?

Default Tipping?

I'm going to be taking a charter this June. I've gone before but twenty years ago and I don't remember what we did then, but what's the appropriate tip for the captain? Should I tip the fish cleaners?

Blog Entries

Default Tipping

Anything extra is nice as a captain, especially since most of us try to keep cost down so everyone can enjoy a day on the water. A couple jets lost, along with a spoon or rr can add up fast, a net overboard is a fast debt also. A gesture such as being tiped as a captain goes along way and is always remembered for the next trip.
    Now the first mates really work for tips (15-20% ish) of trip cost, they are there to make trip easier an more enjoyable for the clients. I myself will give my first mate a little extra, since I myself was there, and still do help out on some other charters when Im not running one. Enjoy your fishing day on water- ron
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

$500 for the captain per day, right captains?!

21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Default tips

I get this question now and then. " I how much should I tip you ? "
    I dont answer it actually. I tell them that if they are served well , have a great day on the water, they had fun and caught some fish. A tip is nice for a number of reasons. I would rather the customers keep coming back one or two times a year with an average tip or no tip. If they come back, they had a good time. It is only up to your discretion. I would say the best tip I remember was to a guy I ran charters for when I first started. A customer he had from Washington state came to fish for a couple days and the tip was a 7ft custom made St. Croix fishing rod. Sometimes a box of beer or some home made fire water.
    Just have a fun day and show your appreciation if you do well and have fun.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default tips

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    $500 for the captain per day, right captains?!

Ya, sure.lol If they get a cooler full of walleye and every walleye is over 30 inches. (big maybe)
    I have had the days of nothing under 25-26 inches with half of them Fish O's but no 500 dollar tip.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]