Possision Rule Possision Rule Possision Rule Possision Rule

Thread: Possision Rule

Default Possision Rule

Can someone explain the rule to me. I live in Pittsburgh and when i come up I will be up there for 3 full days of fishing with my crew. We will be staying in a hotel of some sort. Are we allowed to have a limit for each of the 3 days. Also do we have to leave the skin on the fillets. Thanks for the help

I'd like to know also, it was my understanding that if you were able to prove you were staying for 3, 4, 5, days whatever, you are allowed a limit for each day and you have to leave at least 1 inch of skin on the fillet.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...g_general.aspx

Go to this ODNR for rules and regs.

The skin left on the skin is no longer required.. the filets still have to be left whole unless you have a reciept from a charter boat captain or a fish cleaning house till you get to your permenant resident. As long as you can prove how many days you fish and mark the dates on the bags you can have your limits for every day at your hotel or camper as long as there not on the boat...

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/...g_general.aspx

Go to this ODNR for rules and regs.
    Thank you, hope to see ya on the water.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    The skin left on the skin is no longer required.. the filets still have to be left whole unless you have a reciept from a charter boat captain or a fish cleaning house till you get to your permenant resident. As long as you can prove how many days you fish and mark the dates on the bags you can have your limits for every day at your hotel or camper as long as there not on the boat...
    Thanks skipper9, Your always willing to help out erie fishermen, I greatly appreciate you. Tony

Thank you for the responses. When we are up there are there places that have freezers where you can leave your catch for a couple days. I assume that the little freezer in what ever we stay in will not be big enough at least i hope so.

Eye assassin your good. I'm not. I go from 1 boat on trailer to boat in slip. Ya know what I mean. Not fair, but how do I prove it. I only keep my 4 a day till May 1st

Default freezing

Quote Originally Posted by eyeassassin View Post
    Thank you for the responses. When we are up there are there places that have freezers where you can leave your catch for a couple days. I assume that the little freezer in what ever we stay in will not be big enough at least i hope so.
    It depends on where you are staying. Most of the fish cleaning places can freeze and hold your bags of fillets for a couple days. Some of the motels like to cater to the fisherman up here. Call your hotel or find one that has freezers you can use. The lodgings we rent to customers all have mid size freezers for that reason. Large coolers and dry ice to pack your catch is another idea. Keep receipts from fish cleaners and hotels to show the game warden if they are asking you a hundred questions. Remember to mark the bags with a date and so the fillets can be counted and leave them whole. There are other options besides a hotel that may be a better deal for you.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]