Good ramps for rookie Good ramps for rookie Good ramps for rookie Good ramps for rookie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Fenwick has good ramps also a nice fish cleaning station. Costs $5 and the fish are in close out front. People will help ya too. Never seen dock rage there. Seen it elsewhere though.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what kind of trailer you have but i do recomend leaving it tied to the trailer till you get in the water i seen a guy at the ramps last spring backing the boat to the water with one of those trailers with the rollers on it, about 1/4 of the way down his boat launched off the trailer on to the ramp and into the water (ouch it hurt to watch couldnt believe what i just saw)needless to say that boat got loaded back up. All im saying is dont be afraid to ask for help and double check everything. It would suck to get all the way to the ramp and not be able to make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ramps

I haven't used many ramps in the area but the ramp location compared to where you are going to fish is a prime consideration for me. I believe Fenwick and Turtle Creek marinas both use the same ramps. (Not Sure but google maps shows it that way) I go in through Turtle creek Marina and pay $5? for a ramp fee. Nice ramps little to no waiting usually, parking is close if a bit rugged if the ramp is busy. It is close to the reefs for the bite early in the year.
    After the spawn and the fish move to deeper water or if you want to fish the can lines or the islands, Catawba State park is good but the truck parking area is a long walk from the ramps.
    My favorite ramp later in the year is Mazurik but the lines can be long and some VERY amateur drivers which can be exhasperating . I have seen large Cigarette boats launch there so water depth and ramp length are not an issue. The parking area is close and porta potties are clean as an be expected.
    Mazurik has a nice boat prep area before eh ramps to allow you to do your final checks, load coolers, put in your plug and untie the boat. I always leave the crank rope attached until the boat is in the water. Prevents premature release (not a good thing) but you can get your feet wet if you do it this way. If you don't have all rollers on your trailer, someone holding the bow line will do the trick.

Check in with The Bait Barn for all the latest and greatest information

Good Luck

Tight Lines