campgrounds campgrounds campgrounds campgrounds
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: campgrounds

Post Thanks / Like

Default campgrounds

Can anybody reccomend a campground in western basin around port clinton, oak harbor area that has full hook ups ? Im at paradise acres in oak harbor now but looking for something else for this year. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Mieneke

Post Thanks / Like

last i knew meinke west had a waiting list for permanent camp sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default campground

im a little more east than that but my campground is prety nice it has full hook up,bait shop, large fish cleaning station that no one seems to use and perch scaller for campers with running water and freezer.Not alot of fisherman in this campgound, pool and 2 fishing ponds, there is also motel units in the front. also opens up april 15 instead of may15. I beleive there is a couple open spots but they wont last long. 1 price of 1700 for year which pays for everything unless you keep your boat there and then it is an aditional 100.
    nice and quiet and the owner keeps it that way. Its defienitly not a party campgound. I love it for the wife and my 2 kids.feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

http://www.surfmotelohio.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Campgrounds

We have stayed at a place right in Port Clinton called the WhiteCaps Motel and RV Park. We have only stayed at the Motel but the campgrounds looked decent. It is right on the river with dockage and state boat ramp right next door. Here is a link to the site.
    http://thewhitecapsmotel.com/rvpark.html

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Bad karma im gonna call up there tomorrow. Trying to get the peace and quiet, non party campgound

Post Thanks / Like

Default get in

give me a call if you get in we need more fisherman in that place.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a spot at Johnys Resort. they have several open spots. Its right on the portage river. So the only minus is the idle through down town to get to the lake. the river can be a little shollow, but i was able to get my 24ft boat out every day i wanted till oct. the river also make a great place to jet ski if you do you can ride from port clinton to oak harbor.

I think its like 1500 a yeat and its open year round. There are 30 or so full time residents. full hook up with cable aval. dockage is like 400 a year. easy ramp for in and out. Fish cleaning house, gas on sight, public restrooms, lots of activities several times a year and a super firewroks show.

They have spots open full year or for short stays. I have been up there last year in early march and all the way through nov this year and able to stay any night throught the winter i want. water stays on its just up to you to keep it from freezing.

We have been there 3 years now and love it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by half pole View Post
    Thanks everyone. Bad karma im gonna call up there tomorrow. Trying to get the peace and quiet, non party campgound
    Wow it's really quiet on our side of the campground the only thing that bothers us is the lights over the docks! A party once in a while but not loud or disruptive and not all night either mostly old farts on the marina side like me.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-07-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i will bad karma. Heading up sunday to check a couple spots out. Gonna leave the boat where its at so will be a little drive to it depending where we go, but thats ok. Maybe 15 minutes