I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I know i will need help

Last year i bought my first Erie boat, have been fishing the lake since i was a kid but always had dad with me. Now i am 28 and i buried dad 2 weeks ago at the age of 49. He knew where to fish and how to get them in the boat. We were planning a trip to the western basin for the spring, finally i was going to get to take him fishing. Me and and my cousin and a few good friends are going to do the trip in his memory. When should we be looking to come up, we are driving from Pittsburgh. Dad usually took us in May, is this a good time. Hopefully i will be able to show everyone a good time and catch some fish, i know that dad will be there with us in spirit.

I am very sorry for you lose!!!! Give me a call and I will help you get on the fish... 614.327.7144.. if I dont have a evening trip booked I will even take you guys out on my boat as my treat... and I will show you guys a good time... again I am very sorry...

thanks skipper, is may a good time for us to come up. That was dads thing he just seemed to know when would be good i dont know how but he knew.

Sorry to hear about your father, I am 26, couldn't imagine losing my father at this age. To answer your question May is generally excellent fishing, the way this year is looking should still be into the jig bit pretty solid or a good trolling bite pending on how the weather goes. Stop in the shop when you get this way, give ya the latest report and put ya'll on some fish. Where are you guys planning on running out of if I might ask? What are you running? and what style of fishing are you comfortable with? Feel free to shoot any questions you have my way.Take care and God bless!
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

Sorry for your loss. As the others said there is plenty of help to be had by the people on here. If you are down west give me a call I will tell you where we have been fishing at the time you come. If you are going to be around Port Clinton you will be in Skipper9 area and he always has the hot spots in his area.

Thanks everyone for the nice words. Dad always had us stay in Port Clinton so i guess we will be in that area. I do not know where we are staying yet, didnt even think i would want to do this trip with out him, but i know how much he looked forward to the spring bite up there

Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss, I never got to make the last fishing trip with my Dad either. Lost him many years ago and we never fished Lake Erie. Started fishing the big lake about ten years ago. I think I have become a successful fisherman in part on my own and the guidance of Skipper9. If I had one last wish it would be to be able to take my Dad out on the big lake now and show him what the little boy can do. Skipper 9 aka Captain Jim will take good care of you go do your trip I can’t help but feel when on fishing the big lake with my brothers Dad’s looking down and sometimes laughing at us.

Kevin
    Fish Tales

Default Don't Wait till May

If I was you, I would start gettin ready now. There is a spring jig bite that is unreal. Youhave to travel every bit of a couple miles in a day to get fish, sometimes only a 1/2 mile from your put-in, I use wildwings, go out @ dark thirty and alot of days, be heading back in when the fella's are on the way out. It's an easy catch fishing trip, kinda nice with the price of gas nowadays, helps balance out the season. Keep an eye on this website, you will know when it's time, then just come out the mouth of the channel, look north and join the masses and I mean that litterally. Also, my condolences for your pops, lost mine over 15 yrs ago and never have felt the pain go away. See ya up there, Mike

When does the spring bite usually get hot. One of the reasons i think dad always waited till may cause the weather is a little more stable. It would suck to drive 5 hours just to not fish lol.

Sorry for your loss. I would take Jim up on his offer as he has helped out many on this site.

If interested we rent our condos at Green Cove Resort which is right next door to Wild Wings Resort. Boats are usually right out front on the reefs in early spring, maybe 1-2 miles out.

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html