I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you captain walleye for the information. I checked the site and that sounds like a great deal. I will be in contact with you in the upcoming months

Sorry for your loss! Like everyone else has said, just let us know when you want to come up and what type of fishing you want to do and we'll make sure you know what you need and where to go. Take Jim up on his offer, you'll learn a lot in a few hours of evening fishing.

If you're coming clear from Pitt, I'd try to plan at least 3 or 4 days of fishing. The weather does tend to stabilize in May, but you never know when the wind will keep you off. We were pretty fortunate last year and had very few blow days.

To answer your question...the spring bite gets hot as soon as the ice clears off. You can either jig in front of Turtle Creek or you can troll the can lines with 800 Series Reef Runners. Both of those should be on fire by early to mid April, weather depending.

Greg
    Last edited by walleye2go; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 AM.

feel free to add me to your contact list will be happy give you any reports i have when you come down.fish mostly out of fenwick
    my first trips with my dad was out of our 1954 17ft wood thompson

kudo,s to you skipper9. thats one of the most compassionate offers i have seen on any forum.

im not looking for the same offer or anything. im just wanting to let him know i feel his pain. i lost my little brother last may the 10th and he was my best friend and we have fished from a salmon trip to wis to yelloetail snapper in the florida keys. he was my deer hunting buddy also and just my best friend. he would always do 90% of our driving on erie and when we fished lake michigan. i was and still am just lost. then we went to tenn for our family reunion. on the morning of the 25th of may i got a call from my nephew, and he told me his dad had just died. he was my next best friend and my last old fishing buddy that had fished and hunted with me since i was 9 yrs old. i could go on all day about the things this did to me. but i,ll just tell you one.

i had bought a 28 ft sea ray so i would have a big enough boat to fish both of them then my son and his wife and my grandson. after losing them i dont even want to use that boat. so this spring im going to get it ready and just sell it. my 21 ft boat is big enough for my son and his family, so i just lost interest in the big boat. but im moving on just in a smaller way.

i am so sorry about your dad. and for any of you who have lost a loved one. but i do believe families that fish together are just close.
    sherman
    Last edited by sherman51; 02-26-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Thank you all for the kind words, and the offers for the help. My dad loved to see sportsman come together and i know he would be smiling to see so many people willing to help. Hopefully when we do our trip this spring i get to meet some of you and buy you a beer or something for all your help. God bless all of you and be safe

WOW... bitter-sweet read... my sincere condolences as well... I must provide a testimony to these guys. Last year on March 18th I lost my brother at nearly the same age. And I found that fishing the lake was a great comfort. It was a great year for walleye and EVERY single time they provided great advice/tips/assistance, etc.... you are in good hands with these guys... I just want to say thanks again to them for helping me last year... I was a rookie last year too, but these guys just jumped right in and helped out without hesitation... CHEERS TO YOU !!!

Blog Entries

Default Same here

I lost my fishin Buddy and a good friend he was much older than myself he had fished the lake for decades , he died in a car accident on the way to go fishing in Florida that happened about 4 years ago he had a house in downtown pt clinton we stayed in when he died I went up by myself one time and I could not stop thinking about him I almost stoped fishing , but about that time I met a new fishing buddy and I am now the older guy with all the lake exsperience (so he thinks ) its pretty cool how life works thing out

Default not suprised!

so sorry for your lose! without knowing your father it's hard to say, but i'm guessing that the spring memorial trip in his honor would be exactly what he'd want you to do. that being said, I can't say that i'm surprised by capt. jim's offer. speaks for his character as I know it and that is as nothing short of first class. highly recommend that you take him up on it. three or four hours and he'll have you ready to strike out on your own with at least one way to get 'em.

Post Help is here

My dad started me fishing on Lake Erie in 1950. At first it was night fishing for blue pike and it ended for him in September 2005 between lunker walleye trips. I feel his presence on the boat every time we go out. As per his wishes I scattered his ashes about 3 miles off Geneva so I know he is close. This website, as you have already seen, is a great source of information from a great bunch of guys. With the help of a radio and GPS, we can put you right on the fish and tell you what is working right now, not yesterday. My first trip will be the day after the ice clears from the ramp at Catawba State Park or at Wild Wings. Check this website for the latest news.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 03-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Hey! I saw your post. Gimme a call when you have a chance in the next few days. I am working on a couple articles for Newspaper Network of Central Ohio on blue pike. 419-559-7582. Thanks! James Proffitt