Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy caught 6 this morning. 2 foul hooked. Off Ford st. Small yellow floaters. Bites when sun poked through. Too cold for me. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nastyhabit View Post
    Charter on the river? Is this Craigslist? Anybody that wants to fish the river I will give free charters.
    Really? 2 posts and your second one is a nasty one towards one of the longtime contributors to this site. The charter captains on this site have been a great help to many MANY newcomers to the site and rookie fisherman/boaters. For those who want to learn some of the ropes quick, there is no better way than to go with a charter captain that makes their living on their reputation for getting on fish.

Spend some time on a site to see how it works before coming on and insulting people. Take the advice/reports from here and say "thanks" and give back when you can. THAT is what this site is about. In return for the charter captains helping others out, they get to make some good friends on here and drop their business name once in a while. Seems like a good situation for everyone.

Wayne, thanks for the info. I'm hoping to hook up with the ReelSport team during the perch bite.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 B Can Man

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default you got my vote also

Thanks keep the site free of negative comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks ReelSport Team

I think it is great that the ReelSport guys are proactively offering a service for something that might be new or intimidating to someone. I may or may not ever get a guide for the river but I have no problem with them making a few bucks while putting others on fish no matter where it is. People may not have limitless vacation time and want to get on the fish right away and go home. Anyway, Mike and Wayne do not deserve any criticism for this topic or anything else, considering all of t he help they have given over the years. Same goes for other captains /avid contributors on here. Weather permitting, my first trip will be 4/10-4/15 out of fenwick. I hope to share good reports with you all.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not uncommon to have guides on rivers all over the world... I have no idea why this would upset anyone. I know I have taught many people to use all kinds of techniques to catch fish on a charter. Then they may never fish with me again.. but I hear back from them that they are doing well on there own boat... and I think thats great... personally I would be lost wading the maumee.. heck I havent fished that since I was 16 years old or so... if I was going to fish the maumee I would hire a guide at least for the first trip... good luck to all...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

I think NastyHabit has a NastyHabit. If he knew what the charter captains have done for the fishermen on this cite he would not have ever posted that comment. I think he needs to take ONE trip with any of these captains and they will see what I am talking about. Myself, I got my own boat and by this cite I have learned soooooo much from skipper 9 and others. I want to meet up with them this year so I can shake their hand.
    As for maumee, I am a purchased a 16' boat and this will be my first year fishing on a boat. Can you fish in 8' of water do you have to fish in rapids? I would rather go towards lake and fish off some of islands on lake erie about half way towards Toledo instead of the rapids. Thanks again

LIFE OF RILEY

Post Thanks / Like

life of riley give me a call i will walk you through any thing you want to know about fishing the maumee river. i have some free time on my hand and i can show you some of the local areas to fish the hot spots.

River report today we were out by the island slow day for us the cold weather got the best of us but we did catch some fish. we end up with 2 walleye and lost a few. the island is starting to turn on. there was a lot of fish walking out of the river today. I like to fish schroeder farm that were you can find me. the boat launch is great, the people running the place are friendly and willing to help you out. We will be back down that the river tomorrow bright and early again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool river

was a nice day down there tonight ..ended up with 1 fish.... friend had 2 by the tail ..he let go;;more people on river. but did not see alot of people with fish...dont thjnk there any real hot spots yet...but i do hear from others that they are fish all over now....i ll be back in the water monday..got to do a few thing to the boat so i can get it to the water

MAKINGPAYMENTS..............RUSS
    Last edited by RUSS; 03-24-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warm up Friday and Saturday

Good afternoon Walleye.com readers!

A little good news in the forecast. We can expect temperatures around 50 degrees both Friday and Saturday this weekend. This should allow us to have a better time on the river without the line icing up. Or better yet, US!

Other posters have reported that the fish are activley spawning in the river.
    The river temp had fallen off pretty good over the past week slowing thisngs down quite a bit for anglers.

Although we have had a slow start this year, it should be picking up quickly!