worm harness worm harness worm harness worm harness

Thread: worm harness

Default worm harness

You guys that make your own worm harnesses what kind of distance do you keep between the 2 hooks? Also what size hooks do you use? Thanks for the info.

I typically space mine 2 1/2 to 3 inches, I never measure, just eyeball it. I've been using #1 drop shot hooks for a few years now as my front/top hook, but I have soooooo many other hooks. I use #17 test mono, that requires eyelets that are larger than some of my older coated walleye hooks will allow the line to go thru. I've used #10, #12, #14 test and you can get by with those, but when an inexperienced person gets there fish of a life time close to the boat and rush things or horse the fish, it's gone. I've had it happen too many times, that's why I run the #17. but that's me.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I think alot of the harnesses are made of Fluorocarbon line.
    20' Sea Ray

2 1/2" with 17# mono

Default 20-25#

i use 20-25# so they dont break i try to keep them 18 inches long for casting and 36 inches for drifting with bouncers. 48 for trolling.my main blade is a number 4 gold colorado hammered with the deep cut with red and green beads. i have all different colors and sizes the blades can cost alot up to 3 bucks for the fancy ones like bumble bees, wonderbread, monkeypuke, and i like the purple ones. but the gold ones are 10 for 4-5 dollars a pack and they have green,orange,purple, chartruce, glow, yellow and white for this price.the hooks are usally eagle claws number 1 or 2 they are cheaper at walmart. i was tired of paying 3 bucks a piece for them so i stared tying my own problem is i sit and made hundreds and now probally got 500 dollars in it. buddy is opening a bait shop and he wants to sell them and wants me to make more jigs up i made my own jigs up 4 years ago and now have more then ill ever use. but i have no john deer green so ill make up 50 or so. i spent more on making my own jigs and harnesses then i would if i would of just bought them. but it gives me something to do in the winter. but my friends get free ones. does anyone no where you can buy cheaper supplies
    Last edited by rscotfish; 02-24-2013 at 11:24 AM.

I use about average worm length for distance, if you offset your hooks(4's) they sometimes will spiral into fish with one in mouth and 2 into top of head.I use 20lb nylon coated knottable stainless steel leader wire camo color it last longer.If you want some or more info send me a PM or EMAIL="[email protected]"]
    Last edited by HUNGRY HOOKER; 02-24-2013 at 11:54 AM.