blade baits blade baits blade baits blade baits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blade baits

Question blade baits

With all the jig talk and questions i was just curious if blade baits arent as productive. I know jigs are the go to bait but was wanting to try some blade baits. Also the advantages and disadvantages of the blades thanks for the input. THANKS

Blade baits work. Especially in dirty water. My buddy swears by them and he uses the Wonder Bread pattern primarily. Due to the aggressive presentation it does not make sense to tip hooks with shiners. I say use both. The main setup to remember is tie direct to a jig and use a interlock snap swivel with blades

Thats about all I use. I use a hair jig once in a great while just to change things up. White blade is my go to bait!

Blog Entries

Default Blade baits

We first started using blade baits about 15 years ago however we stoped using them about 15 years ago also. but not because they did not catch fish . they do catch fish ! because of there intense wobble and double treble hooks any fish in a 3 foot area that comes close is going to get snaged so your going to foul hook more fish than you may want I personaly like the purple hair jigs tipped with a shiner it works just as good and the fish is caught in the mouth , with hardly ever a foul hooked fish unless you have a stinger hook I am not being a fanatic just dont need any fines to ruin my trip

Last couple of years guys in my boat use half jigs half blades. Foul hooking not a problem with either. I can remember two fish foul hooked, easy to release. Advantages of blades, no bait, castable when fish want it away from the boat, sometimes I notice guys drag jigs when they cast them away from the boat. I use blades 90 percent of the time but always have jigs in the boat, give them a try

They both work. As always, it does not depend on what you like. It depends on what the fish want at the moment.

Last year on one trip the fish only wanted a blade. Usually use jigs, but the jigs didn't produce. I carry both and let them tell me what they want. Bought 12 new blades for the upcoming spring bite.

We always use jigs. Picked up some blade baits for this year. How do most fish them? I over heard some guys talking about snap jigging. Not sure what that is. Thanks for any advice.

Look up captain jay on you tube... that will explain it all.

Blog Entries

Default IT wont be long !

Going to set my sights on next Thursday the 14 th to try either the lake or Maumee what do you think ? spoke with a fella who lives up that way this eve water starting to clear with a good south wind and a little temp increase we may have a chance looks like we may get a south wind starting Sunday