45 minutes south 45 minutes south 45 minutes south 45 minutes south
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 45 minutes south

Thought I would give an update from 45 minutes south of the lake.

Holy Crap! It is winter!!! We have had snow on and off for a few days now. It hasn't been heavy snow, nor has it accumulated a ton, but we do have snow on the ground that covers the grass and makes a mess of the floor.

I am hoping that our snow bodes well for the lake for three reasons. #1 if it's cold enough here, then that means that it is likely cold enough there and keeping the ice on the lake, which often times translates to a good hatch. #2 with snow accumulation comes a thaw, which equals good run-off for lake levels. #3 good run-off equals more nutrients for the little guys and gals when they hatch.

The snow and a new outlook at how our winter weather can affect the spring fishing, and walleye fishing for years to come, has helped to settle my Erie Fever a little bit.

How is the ice fishing going guys? Are you seeing much ice action?
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dinner Guests

Can you believe this rain? Ok, so it is late February in Ohio, so not so much of a shock and while it has been a fair amount, we've seen much more. At this point it is too early and too cold to be getting out, so I say let it rain. Let it rain for my little walleye and perch buddies that I will invite to dinner in seasons to come.

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rain rain rain

it rained ALL DAY yesterday in port clinton... it rained from the time i left for work at 6:30 and it was still raining when i went to bed at 10:45...when i went outside to feed the dogs at 9:00 there was about 3" of water in their food bowls so i know we got a good soaking.Not to mention there is water standing everywhere! so the run off should help bring the channels up and with colder temps comin later this week into next week maybe freeze up and keep water in the channels so the wind doesnt blow it all back out again. no snow to speak of yesterday here.

Post Thanks / Like

Snowing again... Had standing water on a lot of the roads earlier. This could turn out to be quite the mess. Glad I am off for the next three days and don't have to deal with it

Calling for snow today and tomorrow, then a warm up this time next week. Mid 40's starting on Friday the 8th. Of course, they can't predict two days out accurately let alone ten, but it's kinda like watching a rookie boater docking in the wind. It probably ain't gonna happen, but it sure is fun to watch!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here comes the water!

I am looking at the Sandusky River right now in my neck of the woods. It is up a fair bit and still coming up more. There is plenty of snow on the ground to melt over the next couple of days too. This should help out the lake level soon.

Looks like 50 and sunny on Saturday. I bet there will be a lot of guys fishing As for me, I'll wait another week and probably shoot for April 5th.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing this weekend

The river will be mud and and high for a few days. The lake will be mud and still a bit chilly there was a pretty good blow more than likely pretty churned up but probibly fishable towards the weekend but i believe the reports will be in full effect. Gonna get the boat out and dust off the gear put the batteries in and check all fluids. Those mid forties days in succession will bring the fish to life. Good luck and be safe out there.