cooley canal dredge cooley canal dredge cooley canal dredge cooley canal dredge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cooley canal dredge

so i read that the army coor of engineers will be dredging cooley canal starting soon and to be done by april 15th hope they go to wards or i wont get out unless i move. at a cost of around 330,000 taking bids now ill try to post article

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope this is good news. I hope that they go to wards also

Dredging of Coolie Canal
    Sealed proposals will be received by the Board of Lucas County Commissioners of Lucas County, Ohio, at their office, One Government Center, Toledo, Ohio 43604 at 10:15 AM local time on March 6th, 2013 and opened immediately thereafter for the performance on all labor, in compliance with section 4115.03 through 4115.14 of the Ohio Revised Code, and the furnishing of all materials, tools, machinery, and appliances required for the Dredging of Coolie Canal consisting of approximately 0.67 miles of channel. Acquiring required permits for hauling and disposing of dredged material, and other related items. The estimated construction cost is $326,279.00 and the completion date is April 15, 2013 for Area 1 and December 1, 2013 for Areas 2, 3, and 4.

Each bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond, a Cashier’s Check, or a Money Order on a solvent Bank or Savings and Loan Association. The Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond shall be in the amount equal to 100% of the bid. A Cashier’s Check or Money Order on a solvent Bank or Savings and Loan Association shall be in the amount equal to but not less than 10% of the bid. Each of the aforementioned shall guarantee to the County that if a contract is awarded to the bidder, he will, within ten days after the date of such award, enter into a proper and acceptable contract for the faithful performance of his work. In the event that the Contractor fails to enter into a proper contract, an amount equal to 10% of the Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond or the full amount of the Cashier’s Check or Money Order on a solvent Bank or Savings and Loan Association will be forfeited to Lucas County as liquidating damages. Upon acceptance of the work, a one-year maintenance bond in the amount of 25% of the contract will be required to guaranty such work. Each bid must contain the full name of the party or parties submitting the proposal and all persons interested therein. Each bidder must submit evidence to its experiences on projects of similar size and complexity, and a complete listing of all subcontractors to be used.

The Board of Lucas County Commissioners may reject any and all of the bids on any basis and without disclosure of a reason. The failure to make such a disclosure shall not result in accrual of any right, claim, or cause of action by any unsuccessful bidder against the Board of Lucas County Commissioners.

Plans, bid documents, and specifications may be obtained at the office of the Lucas County Engineer, One Government Center Suite 870, Toledo, Ohio, upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit of $5.00 in cash or check made payable to the Lucas County Engineer for each set.

By order of the Board of Lucas County Commissioners of Lucas County, Ohio.

Carol Contrada, President
    Tina Skeldon Wozniak
    Pete Gerken

Adopted: January 29, 2013… Read on
    Status Open
    Bid Category Construction
    Publication Date/Time February 19, 2013, 12:00 AM
    Closing Date/Time March 06, 2013, 10:15 AM

Post Thanks / Like

This is good news for me. Had a few days last year where I couldn't get out. It will probably allow a lot of sail boats to get back into the water.

There were a lot of empty docks in the canal's marinas last year so this may make some people move their boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am looking to move my Bertram 33' from Harbor View YC closer to the fishing grounds. My concern here is that it is a 4 phase project. 0.67 mile by April 15 and balance by December. What stretch is the .67 mi. I assume from CCYC to Metzgers Pier. Thinking about stopping out. Skipping dock bid day (March 17) at HVYC. It's either Meineke or CCYC? Your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default CCYC in Wards?

FYI- Meinke West and Anchor Point are in Cooley Canal (this is the one they are dredging) CCYC is in Wards Canal further east. I would assume they will begin the dredge at the harbor entrance and work back toward the south. I generally had about 6-8 feet of water under my boat last year until I would pass the Bitter End resturant that is where it seems most of the sediment is and it was getting very shallow during sept./oct. (2-3 ft.) There were times when it was hard for me to get down into the boat off of the fixed dock the water was down so much. And if I had any older people along they could not even think about making the leap.

Post Thanks / Like

Without knowing what the bid documents identify, I would say that the following would be the areas:

Area 1 - from the lake front south to just past the Bitter End - this is the shallowest part of the canal - plus the narrowest.

Area 2 - From area 1 to the last canal south of Anchor Point Marina

Area 3 - From the last south canal of Anchor Point Marina to the gas docks of Mienke Marina and up to the canal that goes into the east section of Mienke Marina (old Flietz Marina)

Area 4 - It is either the canal from Cooley Canal west to the public launch ramps of Lucas County or the rest of the canal from the east section of Mienke Marina south to the road

All of these areas combined add up to .67 miles

Post Thanks / Like

Default cooley - wards

cooley canal is at meinke west. metzgers and ccyc is on wards canal if wards dont get dredged we will not get out unless the water comes up 2 ft last year we marked under a foot at a sand bar at the entrance at the pier you can see the bar now theres one on both sides. jig i live by harbor view and belong to ccyc. right now cooley canal looks like your best bet

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info guys. Thanks for the input. Looking forward to being back where the fish are and having my floating cabin. I run a 20' Aquasport to fish from. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to meet some of you and share info for best success on the water. Again, Thank You