Sheephead recipe Sheephead recipe Sheephead recipe Sheephead recipe

Default Sheephead recipe

Ok guys call me crazy but I got a recipe for sheephead... Once u catch em put them on ice the take em home fillet and skin them the cut them into 2 inch strips and soak in salt water in the fridge over night then boil them for a few minutes until done then serve on ice with cocktail sauce... Poor mans shrimp!! I'm kind of skeptical about tryin it but we will see...

Fishon205 use that recipe for pike and walleye excellent, just think that sheephead would be too tough.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SPRING BITE GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWLS HERE!!!!!!!

trolling fool

Default Cure for cabin fever

I know you don't want to hear this but I was going nuts just like the rest of you. It was 2 degrees when I drove with my wife to the Pittsburg airport on Jan. 23. Fresh bonito tuna caught trolling off a 30' center consule ($275 for 4 hours) cooked tempora style at the resort in Cancun and slow walks on the white sandy beach was just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately it was only a temporary fix and I'm back to square One. Note: The Eastwood Expo Center in Niles, Ohio is having their tackle and boat show on March 1-3. Hope to see some of you there on that Friday when the doors open.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 02-12-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Additional info

Talking Sheephead fried

I do the same with the cleaning thing..and i do soak them only in water..and i also boil them...here is where mine diff. I dry them kinda but i bread them and deep fry them...try that if u are not to sure of the shrimp thing

Default sheephead

I leave mine whole, place on a cedar board, cover with butter, salt and pepper. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove fish from board and eat the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I leave mine whole, place on a cedar board, cover with butter, salt and pepper. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove fish from board and eat the board!
    That's what I was thinking lol

Default why

why eat sheephead when walleye and yellow perch are so plentiful ive done the shrimp thing with perch and walleye even the cheeks. but shrimp is 5 dollars a pound at walmart. i have relatives that moved to florida and when we or they visit they are glad to trade shrimp for walleye and perch . wont be long now boys fish on

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post

Thats the recipe Ive heard before...lol
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD