Lowarnace question Lowarnace question Lowarnace question Lowarnace question

Default Lowarnace question

I am hooking up a second unit is there any distance i need to keep the antennas seperate?

If you are talking about your GPS, then no, there is no requirement for spacing the antennas. The only thing you should be worried about are transmitters and other sources of noise. (Marine radio, etc.) GPS antennas are only receivers and do not generate a signal.

Tahnks for the quick answer thats what i was thinking and hoping.

You also could network those two units. This would allow they to share tranducers, waypoints, ect... just a thought

If you are going to network them, make sure that the software is the same version. I ran into this problem where my older unit was version 1.5 and the new unit was 2.0. Lowrance does not support the old versions of software.

IMHO I don't network my units together, my old tourney partner networks his together, and if the one ant. goes down, your out of luck, if your "main" unit goes down, again till you get the other setup as "main" your out of luck, just not fun to mess around while out on the water trying to get something to work, I keep them seperate and don't have the problems as it's happened on his boat a few times from wiring problems, interference to units going down. I have 2 lowrance ant's side by side no problems, like mentioned in the other post.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I have every piece of electronics on the boat networked together. I havent had any problems yet. Lowrance hds 10 chartplotter, furuno 585 fishfinder, raymarine x10 autopilot, lowrance dsc marine radio. Lo rance digital radar. They all share info from each other. A good wiring job goes a long way...its kind of nice to see a school offish on the furuno and store that waypoint on the lowance fishfinder.. that is just me humble opinion. Good luck

Almost every electrical problem I have seen with electronics that are on a boat usually are with the quality of the wiring that has been done. I always solder all of my connections. Using butt connectors can give you a good connection but soldering is the way to go.