channel water levels channel water levels channel water levels channel water levels
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default channel water levels

i hear the water levels are way down. couldnt fish last oct. due the finwick channel was to low to get the boat out. any ideas for this year

Default Water

Hear d they are working on perm. To dredge the cut....i saw 1,7 ft out there in oct//missed some good perch fishin

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    Hear d they are working on perm. To dredge the cut....i saw 1,7 ft out there in oct//missed some good perch fishin
    By cut are you talking about the mouth of Turtle?

From the gas doc out is where I had the most trouble, then again right before opening where fenwick and turtle creek marina split. Sure would be nice if someone would get both those spots. Got caught out last fall where it dropped on slight south wind and I bottomed coming in. I too missed some days because of the low water. I assume the marina's would have to pay for that - so ultimately us in our dock fees.

Question Going out of Turtle, Dredging?

I hope the best for you guy's, but I don't fore see that happening before the spawn is over, and I dought that it could be done before with a late ice out, if that would be the case,It's a shame that no one thought about it last year early, and had it done in the fall. I was going to come out this year and would of liked to go out of turtle creek(I stayed a lamberjacks for 3 years and liked it there) now it's closed to my knowledge? I learned a lot about that area and would like to return someday, but with only 1.7ft of water that's out for me. Going to make a trip to Erie this year, but in June thinking about the MarbleHead area,been looking at a place called Tibbles, A good friend of mine suggested them to me, they have lodging and marina all in one like Vince had at Lamberjacks, well that's enough of me blaa-blaa-blaaing If it were a windmill or some other form of GO GREEN thing money or fish wouldn't be an issue it would just get DONE!!, Best of wishes that something gets done so you don't have to worry about going or getting in, the jig season is just around the corner, and that area is great area for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    By cut are you talking about the mouth of Turtle?

From the gas doc out is where I had the most trouble, then again right before opening where fenwick and turtle creek marina split. Sure would be nice if someone would get both those spots. Got caught out last fall where it dropped on slight south wind and I bottomed coming in. I too missed some days because of the low water. I assume the marina's would have to pay for that - so ultimately us in our dock fees.
    I cannot speak about Turtle Creek but the Toussaint River mouth is maintained by at least 2 Marina's on the River. The mouth of the river and into the lake is dredged by a private contractor hired by the Marina Owners. I feel that if they do not dredge Beef Creek also this year clear back to the ramps it will not matter if the mouth of the river is open or not for those of us who dock at Paradise Acers, and those who dock or trailer to the ramp at Beef Creek Marina. The water depth under my transducer last fall was 1.7 ft in Beef Creek heading out and and barely deep enough to get to the ramp up stream to haul my boat.Those Marina's are a large part of the income recieved by each business each year and I cannot see them letting the major Investment and income go under due to low water in those 2 places, a situation that can be corrected with just one dredging as Beef Creek dead ends right past the bridge to Beef Creek Marina. I cannot see the marina owners on Turtle Creek losing most of their seasonal income due to low water conditions.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default turtle

I had spoke with a few of the marina owners last fall and they had been talking about the possibility of dredging this year. It has been several years since it had been done. Yes it is time. I cant get out comfortably unless I see 3.2 ft while sitting at the dock. When I am near the red marker light it 2.0, 1.8 to 2.1ft. I have never hit bottom or churned up mud but did sit a few days out last year because it was just too low. NE winds was good thing for water levels. A little S or SW and down it goes.
    Inland Marina is under new ownership this year, changes coming with that.
    Have not heard anything about Lamberjacks yet.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Smile Anybody who knows!!

Just a simple guestion, where is Inland marina, do tha have lodging? Just trying to get all the Info I can to plan a satisfing trip for as as manys as I
    can with 6 guys it gets to be (well)overwhelming, someWant this, dont want that, this is the last year I'm doing 6 guys, next year 4 includind my self, one boat simple right??

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Just a simple guestion, where is Inland marina, do tha have lodging? Just trying to get all the Info I can to plan a satisfing trip for as as manys as I
    can with 6 guys it gets to be (well)overwhelming, someWant this, dont want that, this is the last year I'm doing 6 guys, next year 4 includind my self, one boat simple right??
    They are further up Turtle Creek The last Marina on Route 2 before you get to the Turtle Creek Bridge
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Thanks Wakina!!

I often wondered where in the hell all those boats were comming from, all day long, Charter boats, personal fishing boats, even those &#@%&@!# Personal water craft things came out of a cut in the far back corner of a little pond and they stayed to their left all the way untill they entered what was part of Lamberjacks Right of way and under the bridge to Turtle Point, Which is where the 1.7ft of water comes into play and then right as you leave the break walls it's shallow again, just about where you want to open the throttle to get up on plane, so the way I see it there are 3 marinas that could chip together (if someone would buy vinces place) Maybe find out if there is a little township or likewise funding for such causes? To get that area dredged, if not, there is going to be a lot of people mad if they can't come and go as they please. I would not be happy if I were paying for campsite,boatslip, gas to travel from home to camp site to find out I can't go fishing because I can't get out, to low of water, Guess we will have to drink beer all weekend can't take boat out!

wonder if man is responsible check this out BIGDAN http://www.greatlakesscuttlebutt.com...-and-miseries/