Ice Report Ice Report Ice Report Ice Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ice Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Report

This is my first ice report of the year. Brest Bay (Monroe, MI) is frozen over as far as the eye can see. We walked out 100 yards and there was 3"'s of ice. Not safe yet for sure, but with another night projected low of 2 degrees. Could be out there by the weekend. The good news is the wind is supposed to shift to WSW and that will help the Ohio shoreline start to build ice. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Nice fish thank you for the report. if you dont mind what was your weapon for that catch tipped with bait or un baited? might be another opshine for us to try this weekend. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lures

Sorry Alfredo. That one was caught 2 years ago. Last time we had ice on Erie. We always tip our baits with shiners. Standard baits. Rapalas, Pimples, Puppet Minnows, sometimes Vibes. Just attached the pic to stir up excitement. I know I am amped to get out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on ice !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update Ice Report

A few anglers got out Friday from Camp Perry. They made it aprrox 2 miles out and caught 7 eyes between the 4 of them. Today the ice had shifted and camp perry opened up. Not to be denied they went to Cawtawba and worked through the shove ice towards Green Island. Had a late start but found fish in 27 FOW. They only got 3 but found them in the end. Ice along the shoreline is thinner than out over deeper water. 4-6" is the norm away from the shoreline. Shoreline can be 2"'s. This weeks warm up could break down the shove ive. Then the next cold front predicted for late next week could set us up nicely for machines on the 9-10th weekend. I am going tomorrow out of cawtawba. Hopefully I will have pics to post