Toussaint? Toussaint? Toussaint? Toussaint?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Toussaint?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toussaint?

Any one us this area to launch their boat? I was curious about the depth, any info is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default shallow

The mouth of the Toussaint is shallow out by the entrance around the small bouys. At low water levels it can be tricky and if its blowing from north. Small S turn right at the entrance at the shallow point.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg. I guess my next question is what is the best marina in that area as far as water depth in everyone's best opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jighead419 View Post
    Thanks Greg. I guess my next question is what is the best marina in that area as far as water depth in everyone's best opinion?
    Wild Wings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jighead419 View Post
    Any one us this area to launch their boat? I was curious about the depth, any info is appreciated.
    I would stay away from the Toussaint! It is almost certain that the bouys have been pulled in the river and the channel that goes from the mouth of the river marking the channel to the deeper water in the lake. There is also a large rock not far from the river mouth located on the right side of the channel heading out in the lake. There was an old anti freeze bottle tied to it, at least 2 boats hit that rock last year and were damaged, that is why some of the guys went out and located it and tied that bottle to it. That channel is bad enough in the summer when it is marked with bouys so I would not chance it now. I dock my boat at Paradise and go out there all summer long and I would not try it now myself. Any type of a south wind can lower the water to the point that you can not return. Any type of an east wind and especially a NE wind can cause handling problems in that narrow channel causing you to run aground on either side of the channel.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-06-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default water depth

I would say Wild Wings is good for depth around most of the docks but there are shallow spots as well. Channel entrance by the lights has a hump also , like Turtle Creek but Wings is just slightly deeper. Fenwick is the marina we go out of and is slightly shallower and the hump is about 3 feet during the fall. The shallow hump for Turtle Creek entrance is right beside the red marker light. Some days I see 1.9 ft on the depthfinder. Fall 2012 was just a very low water year for all the great lakes. I have never hit bottom but I have cancelled or delayed trips till the water came back. I have run out of Wings also but never hit bottom there either. 2012 was the first year I ever had the low water problems for Fenwick that caused cancelling trips. Channel dredging may happen for Fenwick in 2013 or 14. Wings has boats sitting on the bottom at times but thats usually a hard SW blow which causes problems in most marinas.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the quick responses!! Love this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Water

I to have had to wait or not go cause of sallow water at turtle creek....i have bee through there as little as 1.7 ..had to pick motor up but got through...hope for more snow.... Rain..what ever...lost the last 3 weeks of fishing cause i did not want to get stuck out side,,or mess the boat up......maybe we need to say something and get it cleaned out.....

Making payments......turtle creek marina