Another good Day Another good Day Another good Day Another good Day

Thumbs up Another good Day

Went out of ssp yesterday hoping for some good luck and we found it again! Went to the michigan ohio line and started fishing about 0930 and we caught our limit of perch in 24 feet of water. We used perch rigs with only red beads and some with flies but the red beads worked the best. The bite was very light almost couldn't feel it, would have to watch the rod tip and alot of slack in the line raise up slow see the rod tip twitch just a bit then set the hook!!! caught some 13 inchers. Anyone know how to post pictures on this site? Would love to put some on, Believe that yesterday was the last day for me as the weather is turning bad and need to winterize the boat.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year, will still be reading reports on here. Does anyone know of a person who does a charter for ice fishing? If so drop me a note and tell me where I can get ahold of these people.

Tight lines all

Forgot to say had a 2 man limit 30 lbs at the cleaners!!! woo hoo man I love this lake

We use to do charters to South Bass Island with John Hageman from Stone lab I have known him for years... he is now retired, have done well through the ice morning and night bites, we now make our own trip, problem is you need to get there either by fly or air boat. there are many places to stay there for ice fishermen I can give contacts if you want.This can get pricey..

Also The Vermillion River right out in front of the city boat ramp is a great place for Steelhead on a day trip.

as far as walleye if the lake freezes we will hit Crane Creek .

my group does a trip to Jacks landing Fletcher s pond near Alpena Michigan Presidents day weekend good gill -Pike and perch .. they have mobile homes for rent right on the water. would love to increase the size of our group that weekend if you can find a few people to do it . you can contact them by google there number, it is a cheap trip we spend more on gas than we do for the rest of trip we do all cooking etc right there.

Great web site to follow is iceshanty.com for ice fishing

Default Fletchers Pond

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    We use to do charters to South Bass Island with John Hageman from Stone lab I have known him for years... he is now retired, have done well through the ice morning and night bites, we now make our own trip, problem is you need to get there either by fly or air boat. there are many places to stay there for ice fishermen I can give contacts if you want.This can get pricey..

Also The Vermillion River right out in front of the city boat ramp is a great place for Steelhead on a day trip.

as far as walleye if the lake freezes we will hit Crane Creek .

my group does a trip to Jacks landing Fletcher s pond near Alpena Michigan Presidents day weekend good gill -Pike and perch .. they have mobile homes for rent right on the water. would love to increase the size of our group that weekend if you can find a few people to do it . you can contact them by google there number, it is a cheap trip we spend more on gas than we do for the rest of trip we do all cooking etc right there.

Great web site to follow is iceshanty.com for ice fishing
    I have been fishing "the flood" for 12 years now. We try to go every Memorial Day weekend. You might want to check out Fletchers Landing right around the corner to the west. We hammered the largemouth up in the northwest bay this past year. For the weekend we had 64 keepers with 2 21inchers. We got checked buy MDR last year and were told that all the boats that they were checking had 1 to 2 keepers. We were already working on are second boat limit for the day. All fish were kept and released. Send me a PM for the secret bait. All fish were caught on the same.