Colechester Colechester Colechester Colechester

Thread: Colechester

Thumbs up Colechester

What is up with the line of bottles and jugs? Are they nets? Well it wasn't good So I went to the michigan ohio Line and it took just about all day to find fish! We were in 25 feet of water and weren't marking much just kept changing locations and finally started drifting and located some fish that were biting ended up with a three man ticket we anchored in the area that we started picking them up while drifting after throwing out a marker and from about 3:30 to 5:30 it was non-stop action. Still it was a good day on the lake for Dec. Guys were catching walleye near stony point in 18 feet of water using gold reef runners. a couple of guys said that they caught 12 and kept only six of the smallest but the size was very good.

Tight lines all hope this helped

sorry still a rookie colechester wasn't good was trying to give the thumbs up at the bottom of the statement
    Last edited by trollingfool; 12-02-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: wrong word

Yea the nets were out,we kept 91,5 -13inches ,the fish were mostly 9s and 10s,but for Dec 1st it was a great day on the water.Looks like last trip of the year for us,till spring.

where were you at only saw 2 boats near the point? how long did it take you to catch the 91? Like I said before I am stil a rookie! LOL

We were about .66 of a mile SW of the mile marker,very light bite,had to drop down,leave open bail for about 10 seconds,then reel up slow,if you felt a tick or any weight sweep set the hook,winterized the boat today so we are done for the season.

Ok never tried that! is the mile marker that wierd looking pole out in front of colechester with no light or anything on it? If it is I was wondering what that was. How long will the nets be out? that really puts a crimp on the fishing!!!!! With the luck I have been having and God smiling down on me I'm not putting the boat away till the last second!!!! What a great fall we are having. Thanks for all the help everyone it makes a huge difference.

The mile marker is a red spar buoy,not sure about nets ,they seem to appear at random times