Sterling State Park Sterling State Park Sterling State Park Sterling State Park
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

some numbers would be great ... I can see Sterling State Park from my living room... I'm still learning this awesome fishery and would love to give Canada a try. thanks so much for any and all info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canada

Going to Canada to fish on Erie is not that big of deal. Do all the steps and have all the right stuff in your wallet. Dont forget to call them before you cross the line. Border patrol is doing their job, been stopped , followed then a friendly wave. Get all your lic online, know the rules and have fun. Its a great way to fish and I will keep going up there until the rules really tick me off. Its just when you touch land without a permit or passport that things change.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 11-20-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    Going to Canada to fish on Erie is not that big of deal. Its just when you touch land without a permit or passport that things change.
    We found out a couple months later, we might have been part of one of their training excercises ( they never told us) 5 officers, 3 with hands on pistols the whole time, 2 boarded, they took our birth certificates, mi, canadian, and ohio lic's and drivers lic's. held us for 45 mins just inside the U.S. border we were coming back from fishing the east side of Pelee. After that we had to run to putnbay and use the video phone ( each one of us) to report back into U.S. customs, that took another 45 minutes, besides being real pricks the whole time. That was enough, plenty of fish in the U.S. waters. We were not the only ones that had problems. I know others who had simular problems. I believe it's depends on who you get any day, if the guys is gestopo your in for a bad time, if he's a nice guy just doing his job, your going to be fine. I just won't go thru that again, if they didn't have guns I would have pushed the one into the lake. He was that much of a jerk. We never touched land, contacted another boat, we were trolling and only one other boat drove past us that day. I've been fishing there for 20 some yrs.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    We found out a couple months later, we might have been part of one of their training excercises ( they never told us) 5 officers, 3 with hands on pistols the whole time, 2 boarded, they took our birth certificates, mi, canadian, and ohio lic's and drivers lic's. held us for 45 mins just inside the U.S. border we were coming back from fishing the east side of Pelee. After that we had to run to putnbay and use the video phone ( each one of us) to report back into U.S. customs, that took another 45 minutes, besides being real pricks the whole time. That was enough, plenty of fish in the U.S. waters. We were not the only ones that had problems. I know others who had simular problems. I believe it's depends on who you get any day, if the guys is gestopo your in for a bad time, if he's a nice guy just doing his job, your going to be fine. I just won't go thru that again, if they didn't have guns I would have pushed the one into the lake. He was that much of a jerk. We never touched land, contacted another boat, we were trolling and only one other boat drove past us that day. I've been fishing there for 20 some yrs.

I've heard they can be and have been real jerks .. I guess the put a stop to allowing tournaments to fish there...? like you said Tom .. plenty of fish here in Michigan and Ohio waters ... I would like to experience fishing Peeley Island at least once

Post Thanks / Like

hey PKR 314 this is Jeff , Johnny K and I are going to Vermilion Wednesday with somebody you not know If you can get off work call me.

Post Thanks / Like

We are already set for Vermilion tomorrow leaving at 6AM, I will see if I can talk him into Friday at Sterling with you guys. I will call you tomorrow and let you know how we did.

do you or anybody else know where in area we can get Perch cleaned if we do well?

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to reconsider unless you are on a freighter because the waves fri are supposed to be 10 to 13 feet!!!! Being told the best fishing for walleye have been at night in 10 to 12 feet of water in brest bay puling jointed husky jerks green fire tiger 70 feet back 1.5 or less